How to see effects of code change on the RefApp

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #1

Hi,

I am working on this ticket, I would like to know how to see the effects of the code change I made on the RefApp when I make changes on the required code. Any help with this? @herbert24 @ruhanga @samuel34 @dkayiwa

(Samuel Male) #2

Hi @odorajonathan , It depends on the kind of changes you have introduced. If these are api changes, you possibly want to make unit tests for your changes and increase coverage.

If your changes are UI changes, you can manually build a new .OMOD file by running mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip=true. The .omod file can be found at legecayui/omod/target directory. From the system Administration page in the reffApp, you can update and existing module and then see your changes popup. You could also look at

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #3

Thanks @samuel34 let me go through that link as well

(Herbert Yiga) #4

its better to run mvn clean install without skipping any tests and then deploy the .omod

(JONATHAN AJAL ODORA) #5

So what you are saying @herbert24 is that I should make unit tests for the changes then also run the mvn clean and deploy the .omod?

(Moses Mutesasira) #6

@odorajonathan , for specifically that ticket. You don’t even need to run the reference app. it would be an unnecessary resource wastage. just run the platform with only the legacy UI.