how to deploy reference modules

Dears,

i have installed OpenMrs Enterprise and want to install reference modules but where can i add *.omod module files to complete installation as system give me below error

In the folder where your runtime properties file is, you will see a modules folder where you are supposed to put the *.omod You could also look at the tomcat logs to get the location of the run time properties file folder. https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Overriding+OpenMRS+Default+Runtime+Properties

Hello,

thanks for your reply but i have two run time folders as below /root/.OpenMRS/openmrs-runtime.properties /opt/apache-tomcat-6.0.29/webapps/modules/openmrs-runtime.properties

and i have checked both directories of modules and all .omod are exist is both but i still see the above pic which indicate that i didn’t have any module

Put your modules in the /root/.OpenMRS/modules folder and restart tomcat.

i have set them in the directory you mentioned and also restart Tomcat but still same message appear

Try press “CTRL + SHIFT + R” just incase it is a browser caching problem.

tried it and still problem exist i am running this environment on rhel 7

Can you paste your tomcat log file contents at pastebin.com and share the paste url?

HYG

Can you instead do a .zip?

HYG

Stop tomcat, delete all logs, then start tomcat and send the new logs.

ok but i have two paths for tomcat under /opt/ which one shall i use

apache-tomcat-6.0.29 tomcat6

HYG

Platform 2.x requires Java 1.8 Can you install and make tomcat use it?

ok but this was not mentioned in Installation guide

can you please tell me how can i force platform 2.x to use java 1.8 after install java 1.8

thanks in advance

On a side note, have you tried out the standalone version?

they mention that standalone version is not good for production use and i want this for production user

After installing Java 1.8, you may find it easier to just uninstall and reinstall tomcat.

still have same issue after remove and reinstall tomcat6