How to access to OpenMRS database ?

Application Name: Reference application Version Number: OpenMRS-standalone-2.4

Question: Hello. Actually I’m using OpenMRS in a project and I want to modify it according to my project’s needs. But I don’t know How to access to the database. Help me please !

@benbouare12 you can access the data model implementation from openmrs-core and to see the actual data you can use MySQL Workbench or MySQL Command Line Client.

2 Likes

Thanks but I don’t find the folder of the data model implementation.

OpenMRS uses hibernate framework to handle OR mapping and liquibase to refractor the database and source control. As I had mentioned the implementation lies in openmrs-core.

You can find the Data Model documentation here: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Data+Model

2 Likes

Thanks a lot !

Hi everyone,

I have looked in to the openMRS datamodel documentation here but it is not sufficient. Can any one guide me to a more detailed version as I need to understand the purpose of few fields in the overall Order data model. Please help!

Hello Everyone,

Myself Kishore, Working as a programmer since 5 years or so, And my background is complete technical and working on various technologies like(JAVA, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate,JPA,AWS Cloud, Docker,Shell Scripting and a little UI). 
     As am contributing to my office work was thinking of contributing to some good projects which will help community. went through bunch of small ideas but, I found this as a good place to contribute for.. Thank you all for letting me talk in here and look forward to contribute my skillset here.

Regards, Kishore

@benbouare12 were you unblocked from openmrs database connections

@tahira are you still blocked from accessing openmrs database

@sharif I didn’t post any such issue.

ok then i thought