How do i add a wiki comment?

We require this. You signed up for an OpenMRS ID, we’ve always required email confirmation. I don’t think these are bots. We have a honeypot field.

We could develop a custom plugin for that.

Add another plugin to the mix of our already constrained confluence instance… why?! Discussion needs to happen here – in one discoverable place.

For several reasons:

• OpenMRS Confluence is not constrained at all, it has a LOT of memory available. JIRA is.
  • It could be lightweight
  • Plenty of people Java-savvy
  • Custom rules can be adapted to our specific needs …

I’m not saying it will be full auto. It could send for instance an e-mail to the potential fake users, wait some time (days, weeks …) and drop the user if there is no sign of life. All supervised by an admin of course.

This is an interesting discussion about comments. I’m leaning towards agreeing with @r0bby on this one. Why would we create multiple discussion places? I think we should be driving people to comment/hold discussions on Talk because it will be broadcast out to the whole community to join in at that point and less “lost in the clutter” of the wiki. They can certainly point to the page on the wiki in the discussion. It’s also consolidating what we have to monitor for issues.

+1 to just going with Talk for discussions, and not re-enabling wiki comments.

Even when those were allowed in the past, they would frequently be missed, and often be stale.

In more detail: asking questions on wiki pages are terrible. giving updates on wiki pages can be helpful. (I assume this is what Daniel wanted to do in the first place.)

1 Like

Thank you @janflowers and @darius for your support!

This is literally the only good use. No other reasons is valid. Discourse is easier to search.