How do I accept an Ask OpenMRS answer?

Let’s say I’ve asked a question and someone else has provided a correct answer.

How can I mark my question as answered or solved?

1 Like

Accepting an answer as correct that solves your problem/question is easy!

Only the person who asked the question (in other words, the person who wrote the first post in each topic) will see a check-mark button :ballot_box_with_check: after each reply, next to the :heart: like button.

OpenMRS Talk moderators also have this ability, so if you forget about your question, they may come along and mark it answered for the benefit of other readers. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@michael I don’t seem to be able to mark an answer as solved. For instance I was checking this topic created by me: Can I install Bahmni on Ubuntu linux? and I can’t see this checkbox next to any of the replies. Is this feature still available?

The topic you linked to is not in the “Ask OpenMRS” category, so it won’t have the option to mark a reply as an accepted answer. Hope this information helps!

Is it possible to enable it for Bahmni category? Or allow people to select it for any category? I think people ask questions across categories and it will help to have this feature enabled for all.

We have set things up to have all Q&A in a single category to enable a centralized place to search for support and people who have had previous issues, as well as to assist people who are interested in helping others by answering questions.

Generally, our moderators try to regularly scan for Q&A-type questions that belong in Ask OpenMRS and move them to the appropriate category as necessary.

If anyone sees a new topic that they think should be moved, you should use the “flag” button to let the moderators know and we’ll take care of it. Thanks!

Why don’t we have the ’ :ballot_box_with_check: ’ sign for OpenMRS Talk Topics? Myself and several other developers have posted several questions and have got satisfactory answers to these questions.

For other readers/developers it may come handy when they are searching for an issue related to the topic.

1 Like

@themoonraker13, It would be beneficial if those talk topics (where questions were asked) were converted to ask OpenMRS topics. As I believe that is where other readers/developers usually look for questions and answers. Including a development tag to those topics, would add an additional filter to search through those topics.

Hi Michael! Am new in this community & I have tried asking a question in the community google group unfortunately i have failed to get any reply, I tried to see if i can ask from here but also i’ve failed to see where i can click to ask a question so if you dont mind please am begging that you pass me through the stages of installation and how to start off with openmrs softwares in my e-mail address mugoyab■■■■■■■■■■. With the hope of your positive response, my gratitude is extended a head of me to you

Hi @brian, We don’t use a google group anymore, but instead post all questions and discussions here on Talk. You should be able to do the same process that you did here to post your question, then select a category. Use the development category for technical questions and implementers category for implementation related questions. Let me know if you need any more help.

hey @brian, if you still have any issues related to openmrs installations, configuration and implementations am glad to help you in the first case, you can follow this link may be if still have the same issue .https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Step+by+Step+Installation+for+Developers http://devmanual.openmrs.org/en/Technology/getSetUp.html