GSoC Reunion - San Jose

Hi everybody,

As you probably know the Google Summer of Code Reunion will take place in October. Luckily I am one of the lottery winners and looking forward to meet you in person :slight_smile:

I am a bit curious and wanted to ask who else will be coming.

Cheers, Lukas

4 Likes

Congratulations @lbat! Look forward to seeing you there. :thumbsup:

1 Like

thx - I am looking forward too!

Congratulations Lukas, that’s great :smile: Keep up good works :smile:

See you there @lbat. I’ll be joining in from the Health Information Systems Programme for the GSoC Reunion, but I’ll also wear my OpenMRS heart on my sleeve :wink: . I wonder why you mention San Jose though… Aren’t we at Googleplex, Mountain View?

1 Like

Hi @sunbiz - the 2014 GSoC Mentor-Student 10-year Reunion will be held in San Jose this year. :slight_smile: Details: https://sites.google.com/site/gsocmentorsummitstudentreunion/home

1 Like

@sunbiz, I can’t wait :wink:

FYI for those who are on the waiting list … there will be another selection on Wednesday 9 July 2014, and then one final selection from the waiting list in late July. So don’t count out participating if you’ve added yourself to the waiting list. :smile:

@michael, is OpenMRS funding mentors/students from the waitlist for the reunion? Or are waitlist attendees self funded?

If people from the lottery waiting list are chosen, they would have to self-fund their attendance (travel/transportation and housing). Google however will cover food during the event, and the trips to the Googleplex, the Great America trip, etc.

More details at the event FAQ.

@lbat and @sunbiz, i’ll be there as well! Looking forward to meeting you both in person :smile:

2 Likes

@elliott great! me too :smile:

I am trying to cut my expenses and have read that there is the possibility to share a hotel room. So if you believe that you can put up with me for three nights than just drop me a message :wink:

I have suggested a session on Google moderator:

Google Glass in the healthcare domain - including hands on experience

Please give it an upvote if you are also interested in that topic :smile: Thanks!

1 Like

I’m also have won the lottery :slight_smile: See you there!

1 Like

Still looking? You might write Carol Smith and ask if it’s OK to coordinate room sharing on the mailing list, or maybe on the mentor summit wiki. As for me @hannah will be sharing a room with me. :slight_smile:

Congratulations @draggonz - I’m looking forward to seeing you there!

@draggonz - I am also looking forward seeing you there!

@michael: thanks for asking! I have already arranged it - I have written to the mailing list and got plenty of replies :smile:

I will be going,

A little about myself:

I was with OpenMRS in 2008 and 2009 working on a failed project Groovy Forms Module(it’s still in the wiki somewhere) and Facility Data Module (completed in some form) and then worked with Sahana Software Foundation in 2010 on a Survey Module (it worked – but you can’t expect polished in a summer…so expectations I guess).

I then went on to work with OpenMRS as a mentor in an unofficial capacity and Sahana Sofrware Foundation as a mentor (officially) in 2011.

2012 and 2013 I worked as an Organization Admin (what @michael and @surangak do) and am currently not participating in any capacity with Google Summer of Code in 2014.

If anyone needs a place to crash and wants to cut expenses…I have room. Ping me on irc…I run as @r0bby on irccloud (always on) and @robbyoconnor on my local irc client on my laptop. I am also @robbyoconnor on twitter

Additional event details have been posted today: https://sites.google.com/site/gsocmentorsummitstudentreunion/home