GSoC 2021: Student Blogs

Hi GSoC students, thanks all for participating in GSOC 2021, at this point, we have passed more than one week of the community bonding period. You’ve hopefully had contact with your project mentors, and started to discuss your projects or doing some initial planning and design work in preparation for the coding period that kicks off on the *June 7, 2021

Student Blogs

As you may already know, GSoC students will be required to post (at least) one blog entry a week during the period of the GSoC program. In preparation for this, we’re asking all students to take the time during the community bonding period to make sure you have a blog set up, and add a post on 7th June 2021. to introduce what you’ve been busy with during the community bonding period.

Once this is ready, please reply to this thread with the following:

1. A link to your blog post. Please tag all your GSoC posts with the tags #openmrs and #gsoc2021 .
  2. If you already wrote a blog about OpenMRS/Related to GSoC/Community Bonding period experience, please mention the blog URL also.
  3. Please also let us know how you found out about GSoC, we’re interested to hear if this happens through word of mouth, from websites/forums/chat, or other campaigns/presentations at universities and colleges.

Take note : If you already have an existing blog, feel free to use that, otherwise you’ll need to set up a new blog for this. You’re welcome to use a traditional blog service (such as wordpress , blogger , medium etc.) or host your own. Just make sure it has an RSS feed available, as we’ll be linking to these blogs on the OpenMRS blog aggregator planet.openmrs.org .That link also has different blogs that you can also look at to get a feel of what is needed!

Questions?

If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to reach out to @jennifer @grace @mozzy @herbert24 and/or your project mentors.

Thanks and Good Luck

2 Likes

My blog post about being accepted to GSoC 2021: https://rasztabiga.me/blog/accepted-to-google-summer-of-code-2021/ #openmrs #gsoc2021

EDIT: Week “0” post

2 Likes

Here’s my week 1 update blog post

#openmrs #gsoc2021

3 Likes

this post came in earlier to let people have a week to prepare ,we actually expect the blogs after the community bonding period

1 Like

Oh, Im sorry for my poor display of attention to detail. Should I remove the post and re-port it after 7th June?

Hey @heshan! It’s great to see your first post up - no need to remove/re-post.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone Here is my update about the community bonding period of GSOC 2021, I will be using medium blogs for all my weekly updates.

cc @herbert24 @jennifer @rishabh997 @jwnasambu

#openmrs #gsoc2021

8 Likes

Hello everyone! This is my blog about the community bonding experience. I’ll continue using Medium for my weekly blogs.

#openmrs #gsoc2021

5 Likes

Hello Everyone, My update about Community bonding period. I’ll also continue using Medium for my weekly blogs. Thanks

CC: @ibacher @sidvaish97

#gsoc2021 #projects:fhir

4 Likes

Hello everyone! i will be using Medium to blog my weekly progress.
below is an update of the community bonding blog. Thanks :hugs: :hugs:

cc @isears @sharif @herbert24

#gsoc2021 #security

6 Likes

Hi Everyone, here is my weekly update about the progress made on the project in this week of the coding period.

cc @herbert24 @jennifer @jwnasambu @rishabh997

5 Likes

Hello everyone, here is my week 1 update.

cc @ibacher @sidvaish97

3 Likes

Hi everyone, Here is my week 1 blog.

cc @ibacher @varung31

6 Likes

Hi, this is my blog post on the community bonding period. Sorry about the delay.

cc: @akshika47 @k.joseph

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Here’s a link to my week 1 update - https://rasztabiga.me/blog/gsoc-2021-week-1/

cc: @dkayiwa @gcliff

3 Likes

Hi, this is the blog post for the 1st week.

CC: @k.joseph @bistenes @grace

6 Likes

Hello everyone, this is my blog post for week 1

5 Likes

Hello people! checkout what i was doing in the first week of GSoC

cc @isears @sharif

6 Likes

Hi everyone, here is my blog about the Community Bonding Period. Sorry about the delay, the blog about Week 1 will be posted soon. I will be using Medium for all my blogs. GSoC Community Bonding Period with OpenMRS #openmrs #gsoc2021 cc @isears @sharif

5 Likes

Here is my blog covering Week 1 of the Coding Period #openmrs #gsoc2021 cc @isears @sharif :

4 Likes