GSoC 2019: UI For Reset Password via Email Project

@ryan97, The design is coming out. Could you move the button inside the legend. Also instead of using camel case at the app bar for OpenmrsPasswordResetUI you should use the exact text like Password Reset no need having OpenMRS as its already on the logo. Then the button text for first form for requesting password should be a little descriptive like request password reset though it seems too long If you can come up with a better one it will be great. You might also want to include a message after the user request for email telling the user to check their mail. Increase the height of the input as well as the button. I will put more of these as reviews on github.

Blog post for week 3

Here are the links to the code repos. Openmrs-core and React app repo

Hi @harisu, I have updated both of the project github repos.

Hi @harisu, I have made more commits including the functionality of getting the users browser information. I succeeded in coding a system that would get the user’s browser name and version, computer type(desktop, mobile), operating system name and version. But I am facing an issue in passing these values to the setUserActivationKey() method so that they can be used to update the email template. The commit in my passwordReset branch of openmrs core adds 3 parameters to the above method, namely operating system, platform and browserName. These parameters contain information about the users browser and device and I am passing them to that method so that I can update the password reset template. I also made some code changes in the webservices module which to enable the password reset controller to receive the above browser details from the react app. I even printed out those parameters to be sure that everything works fine.

But when I pass the parameters to the setUserActivationKey() method from the password reset controller, I noticed that the version of the setUserActivationKey() method being referenced in the password reset controller is not the one which contains the changes I made. I dont know if it is a problem with branching or with spring. I know my question is a bit confusing but it would be helpful if you look at the commits while reading this so you make better sense out of it.

Thanks for the updates Ryan am happy you did gave some time to work on the project.well, I will look at it shortly and get back to you. Just whatchout on the review. The rest will be discussed during our meeting today and if possible we have a working session to fix some of those things. Second evaluation kicks off next week. Wee need to get done with this project soonest. Don’t forget to join the call or remind me if I forget.

Hi @harisu, I was able to resolve the issue we had on the last call. I also moved all the texts in the password reset file to the messages.properties file as requested. I have new commits pushed to both my openmrs-core and openmrs webservices modules.

@ryan97 I have made reviews and requested changes on the commits, do check and clean them up as soon as possible.

Hi @harisu, just to be sure, we are not going to use the browser and device information from the user at all. Correct?

Yes @ryan97, and check the repo for both the owa I have commented on what exactly needs to be done.