Hope, all of you are submitted your proposals on/before the deadline. Currently, we are processing those applications one by one for selecting the students, and it will be announced on May 06 officially by Google. In the meantime, we can’t answer for any selection based queries , So be patient until the day!
Hopefully, you have almost 30 days ahead, and what do you plan to improve your chances of getting selected for GSoC? Here are some tips,
- Don’t go away from the Org, Keep contributing and involving into the community activities as usual.
- Work on some documentation, and blog writings to make your digital signatures more strong
- Help the newcomers in the community, and guide them to run on the track.
- Find bugs in the OpenMRS components or help openMRS to resolve the identified issues.
- Keep reading the GSoC Mailing lists, and OpenMRS Talk forum.
- Active on talk thread since we may need to contact you for clarifying some contents from your proposal or timeline issues or any other matters which is needed for the selection. (If you failed to respond those queries on time, then badly we may miss you ) - Mostly we will use OpenMRS Talk thread for the queries.
If you have any concerns or questions, please let us know. Best of luck …!