GSOC 2019 OpenMRS: Convert Operation Theater Module to an OWA with REST API

Hi @merovingienne and @suthagar23 . I am Janith Udara , final year software engineering undergraduate from university of kelaniya. When I was going through the projects in this year GSOC . I came across this project which I felt as interesting and which align with tech stack I am familiar with . I have worked with REST APIs during my 6 months internship period at creative software and I am interested in designing REST APIs. I have worked with Spring, Hibernate , maven and React as well . Also I have a huge interest in engaging open source software community and contribute to them. In Order to get familiar with the project I am going through the reference material mentioned below the project. Thank you.

Hello @janith, great to have you onboard! :slight_smile:

As a first step, you should become a fully fledged OpenMRS member and achieve /dev/1 status (see all prerequisites and more details at GSoC 2019 wiki page). Set up a development environment and work on some introductory tickets. Everything you need to get started is mentioned at the Developer Guide. Let us know if you need help with anything.

Also, this project already has a thread created here. Let’s use that thread in the future to keep track of this project with everyone.

1 Like

Thanks @merovingienne I will work on it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like