GSoC 2014 Student introductions

Hi dear reader; Am KAWESSI JOSEPH an undergraduate student at Bugema University in Uganda, East Africa.

• Am a Ugandan by birth and that’s where i live in a place called Bugema next to our University.

• Am currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering and Application Development and am in my second year.

• Am thankful to the OpenMRS community for accepting my proposal this year, i had applied and was not successful last year, and so you just can’t immagine how happy i am this time round.

• My mentor is @dkayiwa, my project being Chart Search for the Reference Application and our goal briefly is building the first version of a GOOD Chart Search module for our OpenMRS Reference Application platform which will enable previleged users such as providers to be able to search through patient data such as encounters, visits and concepts. We shall use SOLR/Lucene to provide searching of a patient’s records

• I really love the OpenMRS community and its support which is either online or through proper documentation and organization, to be sincere this is what has kept me moving and contributing continuosly, this i have been enjoying, thus openmrs has and is still giving me greater open source experience.

• One funny fact about me is; !!! I fear quiting and this keeps me moving though things are tough and thereis much envidense to discourage me.

Regards KAWEESI JOSEPH

3 Likes