GSCoC 2018 / 'Attachments enhancements'

Hi ,

Thank you very much for selecting me to working with attachment module. :slight_smile: I am very happy to work with you and OpenMRS community . Sorry for sending you a private msg again. But i would like to know that do i need to create a new thread/topic continue with the existing topic or further works ?

Thank You.

Great Ridmal, well done!

I have invited @ahmed14 who is the official backup mentor and @zouchine who will also support this project at times when Iā€™m completely unavailable. We can use the current thread to share non-public information between us. So this shouldnā€™t happen much, if ever. Except for subjects like below:

I will mostly be unavailable from ~May 15 for one month as I will be on paternity leave. You should get support from the above two co-mentors, as well as from the rest of the community during that time.

Regarding public threads, I think it is better to open up a new thread per technical topic, if possible. I donā€™t find super long threads the most helpful, people just want to scroll down to the ā€œsolutionā€. Better have shorter threads that address a set of specific questions. Now donā€™t get paranoid about that, it doesnā€™t matter so much as long as technical ideas, questions and solutions are shared openly, thatā€™s the bottom line.

Thanks again, looking forward to enhancing ā€˜Attachmentsā€™ with you!

2 Likes

Thank you @mksd for your information.

Hi @ahmed14 and @zouchine , Thanks for deciding to support me with this project. It will be pleasure to work with you.

I will go through the attachment module code base to become more familiar with that. Are there any additional resources to get more information about attachment module ?

No not really, there is no specific documentation about the module. You will certainly have questions, in which case please open Talk threads for that.

1 Like

Ok i will , And what about the plan. What issues i need to finished first ? ( Any changes for my proposal ? )

Can we get a call for discuss the plan about works need to be done in 1st evaluation period ? It will be very helpful for me.

And @mksd i sent a PR for ATT-9 , Could you please review it and give me a feedback. :slight_smile:

Thanks for suggesting a call @ridmal, I was about to do so too! Can everyone share on what timezone they are? @zouchine and I are on CEST (so UTC+2).

What about you @ahmed14?

@mksd ,

mine is UTC+5 .

My timezone is UTC + 5.5.

Could you also all try to make yourselves available on IRC Freenode on #openmrs?

Iā€™m usually there as mksd or mks-d.

So Iā€™m assuming here that @ridmal is on IST (UTC+5.5) and @ahmed14 on PKT (UTC+5).

I would like to suggest that we hop on a ā€œstrategyā€ call about Attachments roadmap ahead of v2.0 this Wednesday on:

CEST PKT IST
11.30am 2.30pm 3.00pm

Does that work for everyone?

1 Like

Yes i will be available in that time slot.

it works for me .

Hi all, I have too many calls already today, I realise that I canā€™t attend. Can we push this till tomorrow same time?

I am ok with that. .:slight_smile:

Could anyone of you share your Skype ID? (Assuming Skype is ok.)

skyp ID - ridmal19 ( Ridmal Madushanka Liyanagamage )

my skype id is engrmahmed14@outlook.com