GCI-2018: Winners and Finalists of Google Code-in 2018

Hi everyone,

The winners and finalists of Google Code-in 2018 have been officially announced by Google just now (find here). I’m very happy to copy that message to here for our community.

The Winners of Google Coded-in 2018

1. @bisht13
  2. @lana

Finalists of Google Code-in 2018

Congrats everyone and thanks to all of our community for taking apart into this contest until the end. Hope everyone enjoyed and received some experiences through the work they put here.

Cheers :smile: !

Regards, GCI Admins

12 Likes

Thank you so much mentors for your support and guidance and to my fellow contestants who helped me on my way :smiley:

Congratulations everyone :tada:

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks to everyone who contributed to this!!! :smile:

1 Like

Fantastic! Congratulations to everyone who participated!

1 Like

Congratulation to everyone who contributed to this success.

Thank you so much to the community for such a support! Both mentors and community members who weren’t directly involved in the contest were really helpful and patient. GCI was one of the best experiences for me thanks to all of you. And open source itself is much more inspiring than I’ve ever imagined. Congratulations, everyone! :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for your patience too see :smiley:

Congratulations to everyone

There is a change in the GCI Results dashboard :wink: since Google forgot to update their results board to cover 4 names of finalists (before they released only 03) . Now, one more finalist has been added into the results dashboard just before.

Congrats @risky.case for your work and commitment to become a finalist!

Yes, Now we have 2 winners and 4 finalists :smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations to GCI winners and finalists! And thanks to all who contributed to GCI 2018 for OpenMRS!!! :partying_face: :tada:

1 Like

Was it GCI 2019 or 18? :smile:

Congratulations!!! Perhaps we can put a link to their actual projects to make it easy for outsiders to review?

Congratulations to everyone :blush:

LOL. One week into the year and the 18 → 19 conversion has become habituated. I corrected my post. Thanks.

Google Code-In is a task-based challenge for teens, not project-based like GSoC. So, finalists & winners have excelled at completing many different tasks and interacting with the community and mentors.

That said, it wouldn’t be bad to call out some notable contributions/accomplishments made by GCI students (e.g., community priority ticket(s) closed, documentation cleaned up, etc.).

That’s cool. Be proud of your contributions and keep going. You are on a great road from a young age . :slight_smile:

:clap::clap::clap:

Congratulations to Finalists and Winners and well done to all participants :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations to every one

Well done to participants and Congratulations to finalists and Winners

Hello everyone!

Thank you OpenMRS for letting me have this opportunity. It was an amazing experience contributing to OpenMRS. Looking forward to making some more valuable contributions. :slight_smile:

Thank you.