GCI 2016 participant & mentor virtual meet-and-greet

Hi,

I’m Vedarsh Shah from the United States. I had never worked with a open-source community before, so I saw Google Code-In as a perfect opportunity to do that. What I found interesting about OpenMRS is its initiatives. I had never seen before a open-source community working in the medical field.

This is my first year in Google Code-In, and I’m really excited!

I love to make websites and Android and iOS apps. I am currently learning PHP and MySQL and know basic Java and C++.

I also like to play tennis!

Hi all

I am a final year software engineering student at the University of Buea, Cameroon. A GCI-2016 mentor. I was also a GSoC 2016 student with OpenMRS. I am also a help desk agent with OpenMRS and if you feel your case on help desk has taken longer than it should. Please feel free to ping on me on telegram or irc. I use ivange94 on telegram and l4rry on irc.

Have fun, Larry

Hi. I am Samyak Jain. I am from India . I found GCI very Interesting and educational , you can do many things which you don’t do otherwise. The tasks are very informative especially the research ones. This is my foirst time taking part in such a competition but I’m good with computers and codes so I hope that gives me a benefit. I want to pursue the technology field so I am also taking this as a challenge to get to know where I stand. Thanks for seeing this.:smiley:

Hi there, My name is Yash More and I am from Calcutta,India.I am a student, and I am currently studying in class 11. Though being an amateur in coding, competitions like google code-in often piques my interest and i just cant resist to participate in them.Not only does the experience amaze me, but the possibilities of exploring something new and different is quite high. I am very fond of technology and believe that it has become a basic necessity in our lives now. Everything is attainable through technology.

Hey guys,

My name is Mona Su and I am from North Carolina, US. I find it Google Code in intriguing as it offers a large variety of difference tasks for students with different interests. It appeals to people with all different types of backgrounds and likings. I find OpenMRS an extremely fascinating program because of the amount of assistance it renders to the rest of the world and the significant impact it has through the help of volunteers. This is my first year participating in Google Code in and I have really enjoyed my experience so far. My hobbies include watching TV shows, meeting with friends at coffee shops, shopping at the mall, and playing piano. I also enjoy exploring in coding fields. I am currently learning python and how to program!

Hello, I am from India and i love to be a part of GCI and OpenMRS both of them are brilliant in thier own way to get to know about a lot of interesting things. Well its my first time to be a part of GCI and loved to be here. My main interest are gaming and coding but i am still a rookie at coding and working out for that.

Hi guys, I am from Singapore. I feel that Google Code-in is a platform for people that are interested in coding or designing etc. to be able to showcase their skills on an international level. Google is one of the biggest technological company and being able to take part in a competition organised by Google is very fun and interesting. OpenMRS is also a very interesting website as it has many function such as the OpenMRS Wiki, OpenMRS talk and OpenMRS chat etc. It is very rare to fid a website with so many functions and will be able to connect developers, implementers, researchers, etc. I have participated in Google Code-in last year and this is my second time joining. I am very attracted to Google Code-in because I can challenge myself to do tasks given out by many different renowned organisations and try my best to complete them which will give me a sense of satisfaction. I am very interested in programming web pages and designing webpages. Beside IT, I love playing the piano and doing sports such as basketball and Badminton.

Hello everyone,My name is Sarthak Agrawal MY task is to create instructional video on openmrs release process.I have been waiting for more than 48 hrs for my mentor to reply.Please see into the matter other mentors

@sarthak10 sorry about that. Can you point me to that task?

My task is approved

Hi everyone , I cannot understand what is JIRA & Wiki. Please help me.

Hi there, everyone!

My name is Kimberly and I am from Florida, USA! I am a junior (11th grade).

I think that the Google Code-In is particularly interesting because it is one of the few ways that kids like myself (and everyone else on here!) are able to contribute to open source and the operations of actual organizations and non-profits! I saw OpenMRS as a really great organization for which I could contribute because it looked very open and friendly! I have never seen an open ticket that enabled me a chance to share information about myself and be friendly with my fellow peers–OpenMRS has a uniquely kind community with a great, world-reaching mission, and I believe it’s work aligns with what I seek to contribute through my time in the Google Code-In.

I have participated in the Google Code-In in the past–actually last year! Last year was my first year in participating in the program. I really liked doing the few tasks that I did and being help out!

Like so many of my peers, I have plenty of technology and non-technology interests! I’m a self taught coder; thus, I love to code in Python, HTML/CSS, Scratch, JavaScript, Java, etc. and am continuing to learn more about each! I love to read and I like draw, too! I am a fan of anime. I LOVE graphic art and design and typography and UI Design and all that cool graphics business! I look forward to advancing my design and coding skills through the GCI.

I’d love to learn more about all of you (and be friends, because that’s pretty cool, too!).

It is more than 44 hrs but then also my task is not approved.Please help me.

Hi everyone! My name is Sydney, I’m from the USA, and this is my first year competing in Google Code-in. So far, this is the first task I’ve taken, but I was looking through the other ones and they look really exciting, so I’m excited to be able to try out different programs and learn new skills. OpenMRS is one of those programs that are totally new to me, but I’ve found it really interested how it is utilizing technology to help in the medical field. I think it really goes to show how far technology reaches us in all different fields, especially since it utilizes technology beyond just those robots in surgery that I think of when technology in medical fields is mentioned. It really goes to show how important documentation and records go in the development of fields and the sharing of information, especially when you look at how global STEM is.

Considering all the tasks are based around technology, I think it’s a given that I love technology. I’m currently an IB diploma candidate (year 2/grade 12) so I’m excited to be taking IB computer science higher level, which focuses on programming in Java and networks, but I also independently study web and iOS app development outside of class. Aside from STEM, I also love art, specifically design, and as nerdy as it may sound, I’m really into history.

Looking forward to participating more in Google Code-In, learning more about OpenMRS, and meeting new people!

1 Like

It is more than 50 hrs.Then also my mentor is not giving any answer.Please help me otheright mentors

please someone help me

Hi! My name is Andy and this is my first GCI. Looking forward to a great time with you guys!

Hi! Nice to meet you all! Good luck at GCI!

Hey, I’m Amritanshu from India ! Well, Google Code-in provides a platform for students to explore tech-related stuff (like coding, documentation and what not!). This is my first time participating in GCI. And yes , I do like football(soccer) very much !!

1 Like

@sarthak10 can you please not do this again? We make sure to review task daily. From the timestamp of this post, it shows you brought this up few hours after you submitted for review which I did review btw. You submitted your task for review on the 30th Dec at 13:17 (WAT) and I reviewed it the next day 31st Dec at 02:02 (WAT). That is not even up 24 hours as you claim it was 50hours.