GCI 2014: Plans, proposals, and open invite to join in!

@harsha89, I think the code formatting is a good idea. The rules for formatting XML and non-Java files is missing from the formatter.xml maven plugin and would like to see some GCI students come together and create rules for formatting those files. Can you please create issues corresponding to this in the JIRA GCI project?

@sunbiz sure I will create tasks for them :slight_smile:

We have a Monday deadline for the GCI application. So a quick burst of JIRA tickets will go a long way. We can improve on those in the next few weeks. But getting all the task types strawman will be a good thing :slight_smile:

@sunbiz Noted will do by today. :slight_smile:

@surangak I’ve updated a list of modules even if they had one or two pages with free text.

What do you guys think about updating the Readme.md files of all our modules to contain the module’s wiki links as a task like

Module’s

Wiki link: Installation guide/user guide: Technical documentation: unresolved issues search link:

Might be useful for new developers who start working on a module.

If you guys agree I will create a ticket for it. But i’m confused if it comes under code or documentation as it needs github pull requests.

@maurya, I think its a good idea. Please create a ticket with task with all of those required to be completed for a single module. I think it should come under documentation, even though has a pull request. It also seems like a repeatable task, since one student can take up different modules and do these

Never mind, I see that @surangak created a ticket for updating readme files, right when I was writing that post. @surangak is there a set template for our readme files?

@sunbiz I will update @surangak’s ticket to have these details and also include more github links to the modules that can be updated.

Promo video would be a really cool Task. eg: :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zseSTmq1XDM

3 Likes

Hi @surangak, nice indeed to hear that openmrs is now participating in this, am available and willing to participate as a mentor and so feel free to add me to the mentor’s list ::smile:

Please keep me updated with details on this.

2 Likes

I’ll work on putting them up by the end of the week. That said, if @hannah could verify she doesn’t have any changes to them she still wants to make, that’d be great :smile:

1 Like

I would strongly recommend we have some Modulus tasks – it could use a lil TLC – some easy bugfix tickets exist :slight_smile:

@elliott, @maurya, @harshadura, @harsha89, @k_joseph, @jeremy (and others), you can now create a profile and request to be added as an OpenMRS mentor here:

https://www.google-melange.com/gci/homepage/google/gci2014

Please do so ASAP and let us know here in this topic if you have problems.

1 Like

I’ll also look at modulus bugs this weekend. We can probably move over some of the preexisting ones to GCI status. I’m just a little wary about how many of the bugs / features can be done without much knowledge of Angular

Expect to hold their hand…they’ll likely learn as they go…

2 Likes

I moved 3 posts to a new topic: Ideas for tasks that aren’t listed

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.