Form Filter module having a build failure

Hello everyone.

I am unable to build on the form filter module after doing a local clone. I am getting this error when i run

mvn clean package

Please I need some help with this.

Hi @kangbreder, I’ve gone through your error logs. I think problem has to do with the version of surefire plugin. Try using this:

<plugins>
        <plugin>
          <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
          <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
          <version>2.19.1</version>
        </plugin>
  </plugins>

Hope it works for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @kangbreder

Is it this plugin you talking about ?

It works fine for me in local are you referring to the master branch ? Do you have any local changes ? If this continues just run it with skip tests

mvn clean install -DskipTests

What’s the output of running mvn -v in that directory?

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option PermSize; support was removed in 8.0 OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: Ignoring option MaxPermSize; support was removed in 8.0 Apache Maven 3.6.0 Maven home: /usr/share/maven Java version: 11.0.6, vendor: Oracle Corporation, runtime: /home/kangbreder/.sdkman/candidates/java/11.0.6-open

@ibacher @ayesh @joachimjunior Thank you for responding. I had fixed the issue. The problem was with my Java version. I switched to Java 11 and forgot going back to Java 8 before running the build.

cool :v:

So final conclusion its not working in Java 11.0 is it ?

cc :- @ibacher

In Java 9, a number of things that had been in the Java runtime got moved into separate packages. This can pretty easily be addressed by adding some Maven dependencies, but we should make it so core can run on Java 9 or newer (I believe there’s a GSoC project for that). Once that’s resolved, hopefully we can address compatibility in the other modules.

1 Like

Oh okays @ibacher so it concludes the thread here :slightly_smiling_face: