As much time that we spend together on Talk, there’s a special energy that comes out of gathering together in the same place at the same time. It’s part of what makes our community so remarkable. And this year, we had close to 200 people in Nairobi for the 2018 OpenMRS Implementers Meeting.
For those of you who made the journey, thank you! We kindly ask that you click on this link and take 10 minutes to give us important feedback that will help us plan for OMRS19.
For those of you who couldn’t make it, we wish you could have been there with us. Here are a few of the highlights, with links to notes and presentations:
- Special appearance by Kenya’s Cabinet Secretary
24 unconference sessions on topics such as:
- Getting to OpenMRS 3.0
- Clinical Decision Support: Now and the Future
- UI/UX Design Process
- And many others!
- 12 Lightning Talks featuring Stephen Musoke, Ellen Ball, Greg Schmidt, Andy Kantor, Burke Mamlin, Ali Habib, Jeremy Ogembo, Sanjay Poudel, Angshuman Sarkar, Omondi Owino, and Jessica Ruff.
- Site visits to St. Joseph Mission Hospital, Westlands Health Center, Kandara Sub-County Hospital, Maragua District Hospital, and AIC Kijabe Hospital
- Special OpenMRS: How Might We? session
We would also like to recognize and thank everyone who made this happen, from our sponsors, Google and IMO, to the Kenya Health Informatics Association (KeHIA), to the many volunteers who helped organize the conference.
We hope you will all join us next year for OpenMRS 2019!