Failure to login after creating my first reference application module.

Hello friends, I created a reference application module successfully. Then, I executed the command <mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:run -DserverId=server> and I was told that openmrs is ready for me at < http://localhost:8080/openmrs/> which I used and everything went on well. However, I used a wrong username and password in an attempt to login and when I now use the correct login details( username=admin and password=Admin123) I get the following message:“You cannot view or manage the Add Ons since you don’t have the privileges and you are not an admin. To get the permissions contact the system administrator”. Here is also the log from the command prompt: Failure to login - Pastebin.com . I kindly request for your guidance. @mozzy , @herbert24 , @jwnasambu @dkayiwa, @ibacher and the rest please.

You are facing the same problem as the one reported here: You cannot view or manage addon manager

This is a bug in the addon manager open web app. Feel free to create a ticket for it.

As a workaround, do another sdk setup and choose Distribution instead of Platform. This will ensure that you have some user interface modules.

@settix when starting the server kindly use mvn openmrs-sdk:run command

Thank you so much @dkayiwa . Let me follow these guide lines.

@jwnasambu Thanks for the clue. However, the problem may not be with the command as @dkayiwa has attested. I don’t know whether we are on the same page. If I am off side please throw more light.

@settix We are on the same page. My comment originates from the above clause. After installing the Distribution instance, don’t run <mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:run -DserverId=server> to start the server because you are bound to run into another error that is what I was trying to communicate the right command is mvn openmrs-sdk:run Am sorry to have confused you prior. Hopefully am making sense now!

1 Like

@jwnasambu . Thanks a great deal. Its very clear now. Let me proceed with the creation of Distribution instance.

@dkayiwa and @jwnasambu Thanks so much. I am done with Distribution instance installation.

1 Like

@grace none of us remembered to test this before we released the platform. If we had automated tests for it, we would not be having this thread. :upside_down_face:

Oops @dkayiwa just saw your comment on https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/RESTWS-767, will take a look…

@dkayiwa what’s the best way to reproduce this locally? set up a new Platform 2.4.0 via the SDK?

Yes that is correct.

1 Like

Thanks for reviewing and merging the fix @dkayiwa … do you think we should do a 2.4.x platform maintenance release?

Absolutely Yes!

Thanks @dkayiwa ! I can try to do it sometime later in the week, if no one else volunteers earlier… :slight_smile:

Hi, I’m running into the same issue. Is there a solution to this? I used the enterprise WAR version and deployed it using Tomcat 8.5 and mysql 5.7.

I need this for production use so I need to use the enterprise version.

Oh sorry! kindly it will be easy to help when we look at the error logs.