Failure due to reduced coverage

Hello Devs, I am working on this and that issues upgrading hibernate libraries and javax libraries. After upgrading the libraries the builds successfully pass on my local machine and travis also passes , however the coverage decrease in both this and that PR.

How should I handle these failures. @dkayiwa , @mozzy, @ruhanga

@irenyak1 i want to first of all thank you for the work done. please ignore the coverage decrease , its minor. Only ensure Travis is succesful which ive seen it does. Worry not about the coverage decrease , its minor.

2 Likes

Just FYI, the only way to increase coverage is by adding test units, but in your case , you ddint add any newfeature , so ignore the coverage decrease

Welcome @mozzy, thanks for the advise, it was actually my main blocker. Travis passes successfully it was only the coverage that was disturbing my mind.

1 Like

@mozzy so will the PRs be merged soon and I focus on other tickets ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

sure , let me ping @dkayiwa

@irenyak1 i had the same issue but you just give it time and it will turn up successfully

1 Like

@gcliff how long should that time be?

1 Like

:rofl: @gcliff i dont think we deal with magic here. Either coverage drops or raises. nothing like give it time and see :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

@irenyak1 it varies,just patiently wait to see whether its increasing or reducing

@mozzy true, but there are instances were one gets a scenario like the one of @irenyak1 but after some time it increases turns out successful, which required some patience and awaiting :blush:

1 Like

:rofl: ok , let her pray harder . God can do Anything

2 Likes

Chei…I think coverall is really about the changes together with the unit tests written…

Anyway , theres nothing like it varies ,or wait patiently and see, Really thats not from a professioal point of view. Either you write more unit tests and the coverage increases , but its not by chance

3 Likes