Failed to instantiate steps file in QA Framework

I have been trying to add a new test in the QA framework , after writing the feature file , steps definitions and the supporting page , when i npm run refapp2MarkPatientDeceased The error shows that it cannot instantiate the steps definition file

Tests in error:

Creating causes of death concept(Mark Patient Deceased Test): Failed to instantiate class org.openmrs.contrib.qaframework.automation.MarkPatientDeceasedSteps
  Creating causes of death concept(Mark Patient Deceased Test): Failed to instantiate class org.openmrs.contrib.qaframework.automation.MarkPatientDeceasedSteps
  Marking a patient deceased(Mark Patient Deceased Test): Failed to instantiate class org.openmrs.contrib.qaframework.automation.MarkPatientDeceasedSteps
  Marking a patient deceased(Mark Patient Deceased Test): Failed to instantiate class org.openmrs.contrib.qaframework.automation.MarkPatientDeceasedSteps

am requesting for guidance on this @kdaud @sharif @mherman22

@insookwa do you mind sharing the whole log using pastebin.com, is this having a pull request?

Full Logs are here

NPE thrown in this class MarkPatientDeceasedPage.java:77, this page is not getting instantiated properly, share the pull request such that we can see through it

@insookwa are all your changes committed?

Okay @sharif let me make a pull request

@kdaud i didnt want to commit them before it runs properly but let me make a pull request

Kindly paste the PR link here when your done @insookwa

Here is the pull Request

Thanks @insookwa for working on this. Have left few comments :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@insookwa the test is failing because you are missing a workflow that should guide it during the run. Take a look at one of the existing workflows for refapp-2x tests and borrow a leaf to aid you write one for your test.

1 Like