Error when deploying Platform 2.0.0 war file

Application Name: OpenMRS v 2.0 Version Number: Platform 2.0.0 Enterprise

Hi, I have been trying to install version 2.0.0 enterprise but keep getting an error when installing. Basically everything goes fine until right at the very end when the installer is updating the database and i get the following error;

There was an error while updating the database to the latest. file: liquibase-update-to-latest.xml. Error: Migration failed for change set liquibase-update-to-latest.xml::20110825-1000-creating-providers-for-persons-from-encounter::raff:

Reason: liquibase.exception.DatabaseException: Error executing SQL 

insert into provider(person_id, identifier, creator, date_created, retired, retired_by, date_retired, retire_reason, uuid) select distinct person.person_id, user.system_id, 1, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, user.retired, user.retired_by, user.date_retired, user.retire_reason, CONCAT(‘prov’, SUBSTRING(person.uuid, 5)) from person as person inner join encounter as encounter on encounter.provider_id = person.person_id left join (select max(users.user_id) as user_id, users.system_id, users.person_id, users.retired, users.retired_by, users.date_retired, users.retire_reason from users as users group by users.person_id) as user on person.person_id = user.person_id where user.user_id is not null and encounter.provider_id not in (select person_id from provider): Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column ‘openmrs.users.system_id’ which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by: Caused By: Error executing SQL insert into provider(person_id, identifier, creator, date_created, retired, retired_by, date_retired, retire_reason, uuid) select distinct person.person_id, user.system_id, 1, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, user.retired, user.retired_by, user.date_retired, user.retire_reason, CONCAT(‘prov’, SUBSTRING(person.uuid, 5)) from person as person inner join encounter as encounter on encounter.provider_id = person.person_id left join (select max(users.user_id) as user_id, users.system_id, users.person_id, users.retired, users.retired_by, users.date_retired, users.retire_reason from users as users group by users.person_id) as user on person.person_id = user.person_id where user.user_id is not null and encounter.provider_id not in (select person_id from provider): Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column ‘openmrs.users.system_id’ which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by: Caused By: Expression #2 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column ‘openmrs.users.system_id’ which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by Error while trying to update to the latest database version

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This is a known error caused by mysql version 5.7 and above. The temporary workaround is to use a lower version of mysql like 5.6 We created this ticket for it https://issues.openmrs.org/browse/TRUNK-4813 and labeled it as a community priority because it is now becoming one of the most commonly reported problems for people trying to setup openmrs. @gutkowski or any one at Soldevelo, this is one of the most wanted! :smile:

Thank you for your help Daniel. I believe you know a friend of mine @thannan

Regards,

Ben

@dkayiwa okay, I’ll see what I can do :slight_smile: