Error when depending on reporting module 0.9.9

I updated my module dependency to reporting 0.9.9 from 0.9.8.1 and all reporting related classes cannot be resolved. I get the below error when i try to build the module.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project kenyaemr-api: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.openmrs.module:kenyaemr-api:jar:16.0.2: Failed to collect dependencies at org.openmrs.module:reporting-api:jar:0.9.9: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.openmrs.module:reporting-api:jar:0.9.9: Could not transfer artifact org.openmrs.module:reporting-api:pom:0.9.9 from/to openmrs-repo (http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public): Remote host closed connection during handshake: SSL peer shut down incorrectly

My internet connection is stable and am wondering what could be the cause. Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Please help. @dkayiwa @mseaton

Does it compile well on Java 8?

The module compiles well on java 8 and with reporting 0.9.8.1

It has also failed with reporting 1.10.0

I had to build reporting module locally to have this resolved. I now have another related error when running tests and it is as below: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.MappingException: Could not determine type for: org.openmrs.module.reporting.report.service.db.ReportDefinitionType, at table: reporting_report_design, for columns: [org.hibernate.mapping.Column(report_definition_uuid)]

Any idea on what could be causing this?