Error: Concept name should be either fully specified or local preferred

Can anyone please direct me to the resolution of this error? I don’t seem to find any information on troubleshooting errors such as this.

Thanks Andrew

Which version of Bahmni are you using @andys? Is this a pop-up you see in the Registration screen?

@Gurpeet - I believe we downloaded the Vagrant Box version available about 2 months ago. Yes, the pop-up is on the Registration screen.

Do you see a box right at the bottom on this screen called “Reason for Death”. If yes, it could be because “Reason of Death” mapped concept isn’t defined. If so, then you can open OpenMRS, go to Adminstration, then go to “Advanced Settings”, and search for “ReasonForDeath”. There you need to specify the name of a concept which holds options for “ReasonForDeath”. You can create a Concept of type “question” called “ReasonForDeath” and put coded answers – maybe just some two values for now. Then reload the registration page, and see if the error is gone.

Else, please see /var/logs/openmrs/openmrs.log to debug, or paste the log file in pastebin, and send url here.

Thanks Gurpreet. I made the additions by adding a concept as suggested and added the concept number to concept.ReasonForDeath under advanced. I did this 3 times and on each occasion, after refreshing the registration page (and even loging out and in again) - the reason concepts added did not appear in the dropdown menu at the bottom of the registration page.

How far back should I go with the log? I tried to dump the log in pastebin as requested by it is too large for a free account.

Can you please add the “name” of the concept, instead of the “id” there?

Thank you Gurpreet, that worked.

I get this on selecting clinical from the dashboard. Bit of the log - “WARN - HibernateConceptDAO.getConceptByName(1741) |2018-01-09 15:29:28,338| Multiple concepts found for ‘REGISTRATION_CONCEPTS’ ERROR - BaseRestController.handleException(115) |2018-01-09 16:01:50,216| The concept name should be either a fully specified or locale preferred name org.openmrs.api.APIException: The concept name should be either a fully specified or locale preferred name”

Does not really indicate what concept it has issue with?

Thanks for any help, Ashok

Thought I should have given more information

• version output -

bahmni-emr.noarch 0.90-496 bahmni-erp.noarch 0.90-39 bahmni-erp-connect.noarch 0.90-39 bahmni-implementer-interface.noarch 0.90-91 bahmni-installer.noarch 0.90-302 bahmni-lab.noarch 0.90-36 bahmni-lab-connect.noarch 0.90-496 bahmni-openmrs.noarch 0.90-46 bahmni-reports.noarch 0.90-40 bahmni-web.noarch 0.90-496

log file -

ERROR - BaseRestController.handleException(115) |2018-01-09 18:37:44,524| The concept name should be either a fully specified or locale preferred name org.openmrs.api.APIException: The concept name should be either a fully specified or locale preferred name at org.bahmni.module.bahmnicore.web.v1_0.search.BahmniConceptSearchHandler.search(BahmniConceptSearchHandler.java:59) at org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.v1_0.controller.MainResourceController.get(MainResourceController.java:186) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor464.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) …

Thanks,

False alarm, I built the search index and every thing now works as expected. So issue resolved. I has assumed it was a database issue but guess it was index related,

Thanks,