Error compiling coreapps module

(Cecilia Nalubega) #1

Application Name: Coreapps Module Version Number: 2.2

Question: I have forked and cloned the coreapps module but when I try to compile it, I keep getting an error about a missing version for a certain plugin. I have tried to delete the existing version of the plugin so that a new one is downloaded during compiling but the error persists. Please assisst @dkayiwa. Error log can be found here

(Suthagar Kailayapathy) #2

Hi @ceciliacaroline

[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for de.saumya.mojo:gem-maven-plugin is missing. @ org.openmrs.module:coreapps-omod:[unknown-version], /home/kangethe/Documents/OpenMRS/openmrs-module-coreapps/omod/pom.xml, line 443, column 21
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Error resolving version for plugin 'de.saumya.mojo:gem-maven-plugin' from the repositories 

I think the given version of e.saumya.mojo:gem-maven-plugin in the pom file is wrong. Can you please check the available versions of that dependency from here?

(Cecilia Nalubega) #3

@suthagar23 the given version of e .saumya.mojo:gem-maven-plugin in the pom file is 1.0.1 which is listed among the available versions.

(Daniel Kayiwa) #4

How does your /home/kangethe/.m2/settings.xml look like. Remove passwords, if any, before sharing. :slight_smile:

(Cecilia Nalubega) #5

I do not have such a file. The only file in the .m2 directory is the repository file and have not been able to find any file like that within the .m2 directory

(Daniel Kayiwa) #6

Run the following on your command line client:

git clean -df

git reset --hard

mvn clean install

Then paste your log at pastebin.com

(Cecilia Nalubega) #7

Log can be found here

(Daniel Kayiwa) #8

Delete this folder /home/kangethe/.m2/repository/de/saumya

Then compile again with mvn clean install and share the full build log.

(Cecilia Nalubega) #9

Error log after deleting the folder is here

(Daniel Kayiwa) #10

Delete this folder /home/kangethe/.m2/repository/org/openmrs

(Cecilia Nalubega) #11

Full build log here

(Daniel Kayiwa) #12

Delete this folder /home/kangethe/.m2/repository/com/github

(Cecilia Nalubega) #13

Full build log here

(Daniel Kayiwa) #14

Delete this folder /home/kangethe/.m2/repository/rubygems

(Cecilia Nalubega) #15

Success !! Here is the log

(Cecilia Nalubega) #16

@dkayiwa could you explain to me what the issue was because I am not sure why its is compiling after deleting the rubygems folder

(Daniel Kayiwa) #17

Could be that your downloaded files got some how corrupted or the downloads got disrupted.

(Cecilia Nalubega) #18

Alright. Thanks for your help. Let me go ahead to install the module into my running openmrs instance

(tendo kiiza Martyn) #19

@irenyak1 any succes ? Is this similar to your case ?. You may want to disable maven-license-plugin in your pom.xml to have a success build after watching the project i discovered that a few days ago.

(Irene Nyakate) #20

Let me try it out @tendomart. thanks