Error compiling coreapps module

Application Name: Coreapps Module Version Number: 2.2

Question: I have forked and cloned the coreapps module but when I try to compile it, I keep getting an error about a missing version for a certain plugin. I have tried to delete the existing version of the plugin so that a new one is downloaded during compiling but the error persists. Please assisst @dkayiwa. Error log can be found here

Hi @ceciliacaroline

[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for de.saumya.mojo:gem-maven-plugin is missing. @ org.openmrs.module:coreapps-omod:[unknown-version], /home/kangethe/Documents/OpenMRS/openmrs-module-coreapps/omod/pom.xml, line 443, column 21
[ERROR] Unresolveable build extension: Error resolving version for plugin 'de.saumya.mojo:gem-maven-plugin' from the repositories 

I think the given version of e.saumya.mojo:gem-maven-plugin in the pom file is wrong. Can you please check the available versions of that dependency from here?

@suthagar23 the given version of e .saumya.mojo:gem-maven-plugin in the pom file is 1.0.1 which is listed among the available versions.

How does your /home/kangethe/.m2/settings.xml look like. Remove passwords, if any, before sharing. :slight_smile:

I do not have such a file. The only file in the .m2 directory is the repository file and have not been able to find any file like that within the .m2 directory

Run the following on your command line client:

git clean -df

git reset --hard

mvn clean install

Then paste your log at pastebin.com

Log can be found here

Delete this folder /home/kangethe/.m2/repository/de/saumya

Then compile again with mvn clean install and share the full build log.

Error log after deleting the folder is here

Delete this folder /home/kangethe/.m2/repository/org/openmrs

Full build log here

Delete this folder /home/kangethe/.m2/repository/com/github

Full build log here

Delete this folder /home/kangethe/.m2/repository/rubygems

Success !! Here is the log

@dkayiwa could you explain to me what the issue was because I am not sure why its is compiling after deleting the rubygems folder

Could be that your downloaded files got some how corrupted or the downloads got disrupted.

Alright. Thanks for your help. Let me go ahead to install the module into my running openmrs instance

@irenyak1 any succes ? Is this similar to your case ?. You may want to disable maven-license-plugin in your pom.xml to have a success build after watching the project i discovered that a few days ago.

Let me try it out @tendomart. thanks