Error building OWA Cohort builder app

I also realized I am missing it. Let me load it and see.

Thanks so much and will let you know of the outcome.

I have reportingrest installed and also upgraded reporting to 0.9.9. I still get the error below:

ERROR - BaseRestController.handleException(115) |2017-08-17 17:18:59,520| null java.lang.NullPointerException at org.openmrs.module.reporting.cohort.definition.DefinitionLibraryCohortDefinition.loadParameters(DefinitionLibraryCohortDefinition.java:78) at org.openmrs.module.reportingrest.web.resource.AdHocQueryResource.create(AdHocQueryResource.java:154) at org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.v1_0.controller.MainResourceController.create(MainResourceController.java:92) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at org.springframework.web.bind.annotation.support.HandlerMethodInvoker.invokeHandlerMethod(HandlerMethodInvoker.java:176) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.invokeHandlerMethod(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:426) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.annotation.AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.handle(AnnotationMethodHandlerAdapter.java:414) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:790) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:719)

Javascript console has the below error.

Please help again.

@aojwang, Please find attached below my current modules and their versions, moving forward I’ll sync with the team to find out what modules exactly the cohort-builder depends on.

Thanks for this. It is unfortunate we use openmrs 1.9.10 that can’t support most of the modules you are running. I would be glad to have a list the modules that are required.

Thanks

@dkayiwa Please can you help out here, do you know what modules the cohort builders depends on directly.

We would work on whichever ones are left.

@jeiddiah this thread is too long for me to catch up easily. What is the problem that you are troubleshooting?

@dkayiwa, @aojwang uses OpenMRS 1.9.10 and some of the modules we have are not supported by it. We would like to know what core modules exactly the cohort-builder depends on.

That is not the angle that i would like to address it from. What problem did he report in the first place?

@aojwang, have you tried using the “old” cohort builder in the Reporting Compatibility module? That should run fine against older OpenMRS versions.

@darius we use ui framework and we don’t provide users other than super users with access to the old UI. @dkayiwa I get this error on press of any of the “search” buttons in the app. ERROR - BaseRestController.handleException(115) |2017-08-18 01:01:57,576| null java.lang.NullPointerException at org.openmrs.module.reporting.cohort.definition.DefinitionLibraryCohortDefinition.loadParameters(DefinitionLibraryCohortDefinition.java:78) at org.openmrs.module.reportingrest.web.resource.AdHocQueryResource.create(AdHocQueryResource.java:154) at org.openmrs.module.webservices.rest.web.v1_0.controller.MainResourceController.create(MainResourceController.java:92)

Thanks,

@jeiddiah @millicent @kingisaac95 We need to do a lot of error handling/ catching exceptions. The errors on the console are there only because the dataset is not working as is supposed to or is missing. We could get a better way to handle such exceptions and give elaborate message as to way the app is not functioning as expected.

1 Like

good catch @upendo. This would be worked on.

1 Like

Hi Everyone!

I am experiencing the same issue! I am using Reference Application 2.8.0-SNAPSHOT set up using the SDK.

These are the modules that I have: they should be the default modules that come with the reference app because I haven’t installed any new ones.

What I plan to do now is to install the modules that @jeiddiah showed in the picture one by one and try to determine what the dependancies are… Any idea what order I should do this in?

Thank you! will update you guys on what comes out of this.

Hi!

So I checked my list of modules against @jeiddiah’s and I am not missing any modules and all the modules I have are higher version than those you listed. 09 PM

Error in the Chrome Console: Chrome console cohort builder error - Pastebin.com

POST http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ws/rest/v1/reportingrest/adhocquery?v=full 500 (Internal Server Error)

Error in Bash Console:

ERROR - BaseRestController.handleException(115) |2018-06-05 17:40:41,876| null java.lang.NullPointerException

log file: https://pastebin.com/izZ6NNi1