Current functionality of order sets does not support lab orders and the radiology orders in the admin module.
- Enhance the order sets functionality to include lab orders and radiology orders.
- Users would be able to author the order sets from the Admin module.
- Users would be able to order the order sets from the Orders tab.
- Order sets can contain a mix of lab and radiology orders.
- Because of UX limitations, a restriction shall be placed so that drug orders cannot be mixed as set members if the order set contains lab and radiology orders.
- Order sets with Lab and Radiology orders could be mapped to categories (medical specialities).
- The mapping shall be one (order set) to many (categories) so that one order set can be displayed in multiple categories as per the hospital’s requirement. Please advise on the approach that should be followed for creating categories and mapping of order sets to these categories.
Ordering the order set:
- A section named Order sets shall be created in the Orders tab of the Clinical Module.
- The order sets section shall have the categories (specialties) and each category could have its own order sets.
- One order set could be displayed under multiple categories.
- The user would be able to search for the Order sets using “Search”.
- The user would be able to order the order sets for the selected specialty by clicking on “Save”.
- The attachment below shows the Order sets in the Order tab of the Clinical Module.
Authoring the order set:
- The user shall be able to create order sets with set members Lab Orders and Radiology Order.
- For order type - lab order, the sample name shall be entered in the Concept Name. On entering the Concept Name, a new field shall be activated “Enter a Test Name”.
- Similarly, for order type - radiology order, the Concept Name shall be entered which shall activate a new field “Enter a Radiology Order”.
- The attachment below shows the order set members of order type lab order and radiology order.
- For Order Type - Lab Order, the test name shall be entered and a drop down list of tests shall be shown on the screen and the required test is selected (as shown in Figure 3).
- Similarly, for Order Type - Radiology Order the Radiology Order shall be entered and a drop down list of radiology orders shall be shown on the screen and the required radiology order is selected.
- After entering the Lab Order Test and the Radiology Order, Save button is clicked.
- The Order Set of set members Lab Order and Radiology Order are thus created created.
Restriction: There is a restriction that when an Order Set of Lab Order and/or Radiology Order is created, Drug Order should not be added as a set member in that Order Set.
- The user should be able to select the categories (specialties) that the order set shall be mapped with.