emrapi-api library incompatible with latest standalone-2.3.1 and "operationtheater" module

Hi Team,

We are trying to integrate the “operationtheater” module that was developed as part of Google Code 2014 in to the latest standalone version 2.3.1. However, we are encountering numerous incompatibilities.

The version 2.3.1 includes emrapi-api version 1.11.1, which is not available in the maven repositories. We get these errors - Downloading: http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/openmrs/distro/referenceapplication/2.3-SNAPSHOT/referenceapplication-2.3-SNAPSHOT.pom Downloading: http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/openmrs/module/emrapi-api/1.11.1/emrapi-api-1.11.1.pom Downloaded: http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/openmrs/module/emrapi-api/1.11.1/emrapi-api-1.11.1.pom (3 KB at 2.1 KB/sec) Downloading: http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/openmrs/module/emrapi/1.11.1/emrapi-1.11.1.pom Downloaded: http://mavenrepo.openmrs.org/nexus/content/repositories/public/org/openmrs/module/emrapi/1.11.1/emrapi-1.11.1.pom (11 KB at 9.0 KB/sec) [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Reactor Summary: [INFO] [INFO] Operation Theater Module … SUCCESS [ 0.244 s] [INFO] Operation Theater Module API … SUCCESS [04:03 min] [INFO] Operation Theater Module OMOD … FAILURE [ 28.032 s] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] BUILD FAILURE [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [INFO] Total time: 04:35 min [INFO] Finished at: 2016-01-06T19:46:07+05:30 [INFO] Final Memory: 38M/91M [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------ [ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project operationtheater-omod: Could not resolve dependencies for project org.openmrs.module:operationtheater-omod:jar:1.0-SNAPSHOT: Failed to collect dependencies at org.openmrs.module:coreapps-api:jar:1.7: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.openmrs.module:coreapps-api:jar:1.7: Could not find artifact org.openmrs.distro:referenceapplication:pom:2.3-SNAPSHOT in rubygems-releases (http://rubygems-proxy.torquebox.org/releases) -> [Help 1]

The next available versions 1.12 and 1.13 are not available for download under - https://modules.openmrs.org/#/show/38/emrapi

Any ideas ? Thanks in advance for your help.

What you’re describing here are build errors for the module. (Actually, when I try to build the module I find here https://github.com/lbat/openmrs-module-operationtheater I get a different error.)

But the title of your post says operationtheater not compatible with 2.3.1, which is a different thing. Can you describe the incompatibilities you see when deploying an already-built version of this module in Reference Application 2.3.1?

Hi Daries,

Thanks for the quick response. I just updated the title as well as added more info about the build errors. We encountered similar errors but pushed through it when updating the module versions to match those in the latest standalone-2.3.1

Here’s how we updated the operatingtheater module’s version

1.11.4 UTF-8
    <appframeworkVersion>2.4</appframeworkVersion>
    <uiframeworkVersion>3.2</uiframeworkVersion>
    <emrapiVersion>1.11.1</emrapiVersion>
    <emrapi-apiVersion>1.11.1</emrapi-apiVersion>
    <appuiVersion>1.4</appuiVersion>
    <uicommonsVersion>1.7</uicommonsVersion>
    <webserviceRestVersion>2.12</webserviceRestVersion>
    <apppointmentschedulingVersion>1.4</apppointmentschedulingVersion>
    <coreappsVersion>1.7</coreappsVersion>

    <htmlformentryVersion>2.6</htmlformentryVersion>
    <idgenVersion>3.2</idgenVersion>
    <providerManagementVersion>2.3</providerManagementVersion>
    <reportingVersion>0.9.8.1</reportingVersion>
    <calculationVersion>1.1</calculationVersion>
    <serializationxstreamVersion>0.2.10</serializationxstreamVersion>

    <optaplannerVersion>6.0.1.Final</optaplannerVersion>
    <droolsCompilerVersion>6.0.1.Final</droolsCompilerVersion>

    <jodatimeVersion>2.2</jodatimeVersion>
    <jodatimeHibernateVersion>1.3</jodatimeHibernateVersion>

    <xstreamVersion>1.4.7</xstreamVersion>
</properties>

Thanks again.