Diversity in OpenMRS: 2018-12-20 Meeting Outcomes

At OMRS18 in Nairobi last week, we had a great fishbowl discussion focusing on “Women in OpenMRS.” On Talk, we found out about a fellowship for women working on open source programming projects.

With the end of the year approaching, it’s a great time to review some key documents and continue our discussion about diversity.

Please take this Doodle Poll to indicate your availability for a call the week of December 17.

In the meantime, here are some resources to explore:

@terry @janflowers @c.antwi @carina @fali

3 Likes

The Doodle poll results are in! We had a few time slots tied, so the tiebreaker is Thursday, 20 December at 3:30pm UTC/10:30 EST/7:30 PST.

Everyone in the community is welcome to join this discussion!

Audio, Chat, & Screen Sharing (latest Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or other WebRTC-compatible browser)

Audio Only (Telephone or your favorite VoIP client)

1 Like

Do we plan to have this on the openmrs calendar?

Definitely! I added it to the OpenMRS calendar and to the Wiki. Let me know if it’s invisible. :slight_smile:

Another solid discussion today that generated a lot of great ideas and tackled key questions such as:

• How do we increase the visibility of women’s contributions to the community?
  • How do we increase opportunities for women to contribute to the community?
  • What data do we have/can we collect to see where we need to target our efforts?

I’m excited to see where this goes in 2019! For more details, check out the notes.

1 Like