Display of fully specified name instead of short name in death information and patients document

Hi all,

My team and I are facing the issue regarding display of fully specified names in the death information section of the registration module and in the patient document module.

After adding more reasons for death, by creating concepts, the UI displays the fully specified name, irrespective if the short name is mentioned or not.

Similarly for the patient documents module, after adding different types of patient documents,by creating the concepts, UI displays the fully specified name instead of the short name.

Please find below images for display of fully specified names in death reason section and patients documents:

On investigation we found that whenever a new concept for death reason or for patient document type is created and added to the concept set, the back-end only sends the fully specified names because of which, even if the short name is mentioned, it is not displayed.

We need to fix this since Bahmni by default prefers to display short names over fully specified names, the same behavior is expected throughout Bahmni.

Proposed Solution:

For Death Information we have considered the following approach:

1. We will be making changes to the ‘v’ parameter from “custom” to “bahmni” in the deathConcept section of the file patientCommonController.js once the API is called.
  2. Due to changes in parameters there will be change in the response which will lead to further changes in the front end.
  3. For front-end changes, we will be adding one command i.e to display the short name in the file patientCommonController.js in the death reason instead of fully specified names and if the concept is created by adding only fully specified name then UI will display the fully specified name only.

Similarly for Patients Document we have considered the following approach:

1. We will be making changes to the ‘v’ parameter from “custom” to “bahmni” in the patients document section of the file documentController.js once the API is called.
  2. Due to changes in parameters there will be change in the response which will lead to further changes in the front-end.
  3. For front-end changes we will be adding one command i.e to display the short name in the file documentController.js for patients document instead of Fully specified names and if the concept is created by adding only fully specified name then UI will display the fully specified name only.

Please suggest your inputs for the approach.

FYI, short names were intended to be used in flowsheet views, etc. where space is at a premium. They are not intended (at least with CIEL) to be used for data collection. That is because short names are not necessarily unique, nor do they include all the information necessary to select the proper concept.