Diagnosis Set of Sets concept auto populates only till 3 levels?

Diagnosis Set of Sets concept only supports 3 levels.

Case1: Diagnosis Set of Sets --> Parent1 --> child ( auto populates child concepts) Case2: Diagnosis Set of Sets --> Parent1 --> Parent2 --> Parent3 --> child ( child concepts are not shown)

In case1 i have 3 level i.e level1 - Diagnosis Set of Sets level2 - Parent1 level3 - child I’m able to see the child concepts (auto populate) here, Clinic - > Select any patients - > consultation Tab -> Diagnosis Tab (Bahmni)

But in case2 i have 5 levels i.e level1 - Diagnosis Set of Sets level2 - Parent1 level3 - Parent2 level4 - Parent3 level5 - child Auto Populate not working. I’m not even able to see child’s which is at the level -5. here Clinic - > Select any patients - > consultation Tab -> Diagnosis Tab

I just don’t know what exactly the reason for the case2. Why do we have these restriction ? How to disable this restriction ?

@max123 should this be in the bahmni category?

Ok! well then what category?

I have moved this topic to the #software:bahmni category. (@max123, if you’re asking a question about Bahmni, and you want the team to see it, make sure you post it here.)

The underlying OpenMRS implementation supports (only) “set of sets”, but not more or fewer levels. There is no deep reason for this, it was just a choice made by PIH while working on the Mirebalais Hospital project. (The idea was that each department/service would manage one set of diagnoses, and they’d all be grouped together by a set-of-sets.)

This is something that could be changed, but would require development work, and we’d have to ensure it doesn’t unexpectedly break existing implementation. (My own opinion is that changing this would be a low priority, though others may disagree.)

@max123, can you work around needing to have 3 levels? (What is your use case for wanting 5?)

1 Like