Developing the "OCL for OpenMRS" Application

I will be raising a PR for review in the next hour

The PR is up for this and being reviewed PR

1 Like

CIEL import (#148/147) are complete on production, staging, and demo. QA still needs to be completed.

1 Like

Here are my current issues:

1. When creating a new concept the following Name behaviors should occur (MVP+):
  • Type should default to Fully specified for first entry in a language
  • Type should default to Synonym for second entry in the same language
  • Preferred in language should default to NO when there is already a name in the language with preferred set to YES.
  1. Mappings still do not match the list I provided above.

2. Add “Edit” button on View Concept page (MVP+)

3. Upon updating of a custom concepts in edit screen, returning to view concepts page did not show the concept at all. I had to click and unclick the custom concept filter to show. (MVP)

4. Upon reviewing the test dictionary on the OCL site, I saw all 26 concepts (good). When I clicked on the custom concept, I was taken to the andy-test SOURCE. It was not clear how to get back to the collection on the OCL site… (@paynejd might need to think about documentation for this)

hi lincon could you be here?

1 Like

Hey @akanter,

Added this to that ticket’s context.

This PR is under review.

Created this ticket.

We noticed this has once again popped up of late. This appears to come from a ~slow update of the search index after a concept is added to the collection(on the backend). We’ll have to add a small delay before making that request to allow the update to complete. Created this ticket as well.

@karuhanga Can you work on bundling and releasing the current application as it is now. We will continue the remaining activities from there.

1 Like

@karuhanga can you confirm release by Friday 13th ?

Hey @c.antwi,
Tagging @paynejd here for this. A release would mean deploying this to the main OpenMRS site. There really are no further changes required from our end.

@karuhanga what exactly outstanding that @paynejd has to do? He needed to update the CIEL which he has done 2 weeks ago.

Also I thought that this is a module that can be activated or deactivated? Therefore releasing the module should not have an impact on other constructs within the overall application.

@akanter @darius @maurya @paynejd can you weigh in so that we can wrap this up.

Whatever it is more work will need to be done to improve its functionality moving forward, but we cant allow the project to conclude without a release.

1 Like

Hey @c.antwi,
This particular project is a web app, not an OpenMRS module, so the release is not necessarily a bundling, rather a deployment which is what @paynejd can help guide us on.

In regards to this;

We need to have a released CIEL version. This issue is still up(Automatically create released CIEL source version with QA/Demo deployments · Issue #148 · OpenConceptLab/ocl_issues · GitHub).

I think @cintiadr can guide us on how to do the production deployment. (Hopefully there is already a pipeline set up for this but I don’t know.)

@maurya @paynejd Can you urgently look into the matter that @karuhanga is awaiting feedback on?

We really really need to close this part of the project off

@karuhanga

Have you seen this post above? what exactly is outstanding ???

Rafal and Cintia handle deployment. We should deploy “OCL for OpenMRS” first to staging and use that for testing and to verify the deployment.

Are we prepared to push this to production at this point as well?

Rafal, has CIEL been deployed to QA also?

Hi @darius :slight_smile:

The infrastructure needs to be changed to have the production environments (that was never set). First we need to create manually the DNS for it and update terraform documentation to reflect it. It was decided to not automate the *.openconceptlab.org addresses.

We also need the CI build to have a new environment added, production. That should deploy the ‘production’ tag to dockerhub.

We also need a ocl-client-prd folder in docker compose ansible, pointing to the production docker tag.

From there, we can change the ansible VM configuration in production to have:

• http certificate for the new address
  • deploy the ocl-client-prd docker compose
  • configure nginx for the new address, respecting CORS

We can now run ansible.

All new deployments will only require a deployment from Bamboo, nothing else.

Note that I don’t have permission to create the DNS entry (and it’s a requirement for all work later); the only step only infra team can do is running ansible (everything else can be created via PR to us).

I can do it next weekend (if the DNS entry is created for us).

3 Likes

@paynejd, I think that creating the DNS for this is on you.

@c.antwi, @dkayiwa, I assume the Andela team isn’t knowledgeable about how to do the infrastructure side of this setup. Is there someone on the OpenMRS side who can create an initial PR for Cintia to review?

1 Like

@cintiadr is it what @karuhanga did in this pull request? Add oclclient to prd environment by karuhanga · Pull Request #36 · openmrs/openmrs-contrib-ansible-docker-compose · GitHub

Yes, sorry I couldn’t action on it this weekend. I had hoped I’d be able to do it yesterday, but couldn’t. Maybe Wednesday.

Assuming the dns is created already.