Developing the "OCL for OpenMRS" Application

Hello community, Here are the notes and link to the recently concluded demo call

MVP

1. When adding a CIEL concept, if a user types anything into the search bar, they cannot delete the first character inputted

2. There should be a progress indicator when adding CIEL concepts recursively until they are all fully added

3. creating mappings to internal concepts should all have only one single search field

MVP+

1. Improve error message validation when a user fails to create a concept.

2. When a user fails to create a concept he should stay on the same page.

cc: @akanter @darius @paynejd @c.antwi @karuhanga @danuluma @paulk

I also just tried doing this and I got an error 500 with no additional info. I also tried doing this same thing through the traditional OCL UI and I got a similar error message

The system just encountered an error!

Please let us know if this keeps on happening!

@paynejd, please take a peek when you can

Hello @paynejd, when trying to access the qa server, we get a 502 error as shown in the screenshot

Could you have a look at it?

cc @raff @karuhanga @danuluma

Not happening anymore. Thanks.

Hi Team Are we meeting today? I have not seen any announcement? @paulk

Hello @c.antwi, yes we are sorry about that

Hello Community

We shall be having our weekly sync at 15:00 UTC today.

Here is the link to the call

cc: @dkayiwa @c.antwi @akanter @darius @paynejd @karuhanga @danuluma

Hi @paynejd and @srikumma have you had a chance to look at this back end issue: https://github.com/OpenConceptLab/ocl_issues/issues/119 as per the post above?

Thanks to All who participated in the call. We have agreed to the following timelines as next steps for the release on an MVP for OCL:

• finalise last coding activities by 6/14

• Announcement and Community testing 6/17-6/26

• Complete bug fixing results from community testing 6/26-7/3

• July 5th Release Beta OCL MVP

@paulk please include information about tommorow’s meeting and subsequent information about upcoming activities

Hello community

Given the low attendance in today’s meeting, we shall be scheduling another meeting for tomorrow at 15:00 UTC.

We are open to suggestions on the time and day if tomorrow at 15:00 UTC does not work for everyone

cc: @c.antwi @dkayiwa @paynejd @dkayiwa @karuhanga @danuluma @akanter

Hello Community,

we shall be having another sync today at 15:00 UTC. Here is the link to the sync

cc @dkayiwa @c.antwi @akanter @paynejd @karuhanga @danuluma

Hello Community,

A simple reminder: We shall be having another sync today at 15:00 UTC. Here is the link to the sync

cc @dkayiwa @c.antwi @akanter @paynejd @karuhanga @danuluma

Good Afternoon

both @dkayiwa and myself are sitting on another call. May I suggest that we move this meeting an hour earlier?

Thanks

Cynthia

@c.antwi if any of the product owners is around, a recording will be enough for me. :slight_smile:

Sorry, forgot to mention I was on holiday this week!

Hello Community,

The testing phase for OCL v1 has begun. Here is a link to the details

cc: @dkayiwa @c.antwi @darius @akanter @paynejd @karuhanga

1 Like

May I suggest that you create a new post inviting the community to test OCL v1 .

thanks

1 Like

Hello community,

We are glad to announce that OCL V1 is ready for testing. We shall be running the testing phase from 6/17/2019 - 6/26/2019

Please follow this link to test the application.

Key pointers:

• If you do not have credentials, use the old OCL to sign up, and then be sure to come back to the new OCL, again here.
  • If you are unable to login even after you had signed up, the database may have been reset and you would have to sign up again

A more detailed guide can be found on the wiki, here.

All feedback so far and progress/ resolution on it can be tracked on this wiki.

cc @dkayiwa @akanter @darius @c.antwi @ball @ruffjm @karuhanga @danuluma @paynejd

Hello Community

We shall be having our weekly sync at 15:00 UTC today.

Here is the link to the call

cc: @dkayiwa @c.antwi @akanter @darius @paynejd @danuluma

Hey team,

Thanks for showing up for the call.

The recording is live here.

Summary of discussion;

When creating/ editting a custom concept:

• When creating external mappings the code field should be before the optional name field- MVP
  • Name types should be; Fully Specified, null: Synonym in UI, SHORT: Short in UI, Index Term
  • Create issue on github to add Index Term to backend

When adding CIEL concepts:

• When recursively importing concepts, a more informative spinner with what is actually going on is preferrable- MVP
  • Also, tell the user ehat happended, e.g the number of concepts added- MVP+(progress would be preffered MVP+)
  • Check for what exactly happens when a to concept that already exists, is added, when adding CIEL concepts
  • Test partial search to be sure that it was addressed

When viewing CIEL concepts:

• Fix the header and footer for table to prevent jumping- MVP+(Ideally an infinite scroll)
  • Set 20 as default for now to reduce the number of times someone clicks through pages
  • Turn off sorting(MVP) and add sort by fields(MVP+)
  • Deemphasize clear/ reset buttons

When creating a dictionary;

• Turn off copy from current collection
  • Support for mutltiple preffered sources- mvp+

Others;

• Run through concepts to make sure all are correctly tagged
  • Adding view concept option might be MVP if time opens up