Design Forum 2020-07-15: Condition List UI

Good point @jteich… for clarity, let’s have this call next Wednesday, July 15th, not today. fyi @grace

I’m happy to lead. Though fyi I have a relatively targeted question I’d like to get answered,around the modelling of conditions: whether it can be changed to remove the functionality in API that tries to maintain the “state” of a condition, kind of like how program states work, which, according to @burke wasn’t the initial intent, but seems to be baked into the API saveCondition method. See thread here:

So I’m wondering:

1. if we can strip out this more complicated state functionality, and, if so
  2. can it be backported to 2.3

What would be helpful would be to have anyone on the call who was involved in the initial design or using the functionality as it currently operates. Does anybody know/remember who originally build the condition functionality into EMR API and if anyone is currently using it? (@dkayiwa @darius?)

Basically, the Condition List functionality/widget in the Ref App is pretty broken (don’t think it ever worked properly). If we can agree to simplify the model, I’m hoping the functionality can be made workable with a small-to-mid level of work, and I’m hoping that PIH can commit to doing that in the next 3 to 6 months. If not, it’s probably a bigger project.

I’m also happy to discuss (and we should discuss) long-term goals, but I want to make sure I get this more immediate question answered as well.

Take care, Mark