Database updates are required problem.

i am try to connect to a database as seen here .But i constantly get this error This is my pom.xml And the dataset is demo.1.9.0.sql.Any suggetions on solving the above?

Though this is not what you are asking, what are you trying to accomplish? What is the use case?

i want to carrry out different tests on how different services work

Did you get a chance to look at the tests here?

let me look through it.thanks for the link because it contains the services that i want .

@dkayiwa The link you droped me is good,but also i want t o make sure that i can get data from the database and display it on my console as i follow the steps about the openmrs api on this link At first ,i followed the steps and all was working fine using the below code,i added some information and also dispalyed it following the steps on the above link,but a day later,it brings me an error as on .I have googled about liquidbase and changesets and it looks like i might have changed some thing,will be grateful for any idea about the error .

package com.test;


import java.util.List; import java.util.Properties;

import org.openmrs.Patient; import org.openmrs.api.context.Context; import org.openmrs.module.ModuleMustStartException; import org.openmrs.util.DatabaseUpdateException; import org.openmrs.util.InputRequiredException; import org.openmrs.util.OpenmrsUtil;

public class Test {

public static void main(String [] args) throws ModuleMustStartException, DatabaseUpdateException, InputRequiredException{
	File propsFile = new File(OpenmrsUtil.getApplicationDataDirectory(), "");
	  Properties props = new Properties();
	  OpenmrsUtil.loadProperties(props, propsFile);
	  Context.startup("jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/openmrs?autoReconnect=true", "root", "onlylord", props);
	  try {
	    Context.authenticate("admin", "Admin123");
	    List<Patient> patients = Context.getPatientService().getPatients("John");
	    for (Patient patient : patients) {
	      System.out.println("Found patient with name " + patient.getPersonName() + " and uuid: " + patient.getUuid());
	  finally {


The database you are connecting to was created by a version of openmrs different from the one of the API that your code is using.

@dkayiwa Still trying on this one,i have used a couple of different api and databases but still getting different errors for example when i use openmrs api version 1.8.0 and database 1.8.0,i get I have read on a thread about such kind of error and it suggested using mvn clean install which i did and the error persists!

@dkayiwa Heilo,which versions of openmrs api and database could you recomend me for this,have tried a couple of them but all giving me diffeent erros

Though all versions should work, i would recommend using the latest stable release.

okie then thanks much