Data Import Using Esaude Data Migration Tool

Hello, I am also working on this proposal for GSoC. Looking at the project description I only see the code base on github and stuff. Can anyone please point me to some online documenation on the ESaude Migration tool in general since; All i have now is the code base :smile: which still good.

Thanks, Nyah

@pascal @valvijo I am looking at the eSaude data migration tool. I’ll like to get some assistance on the OpenMRS module which handles data and data import and export.Searching OpenMRS modules give me like 10 results( Complex Data to DB Module, Data deletion, ATD and many others). I’ll like to know OpenMRS modules to look at while trying to write my proposal and see the general picture of how the eSaude integration can be carried out.

Thanks, Nyah

Hi,

I’ll see if we can get some docs attached to the project page.

Cheers, Pascal

1 Like

Hi,

I attached some documents to the project page. The same used during SDLC.

Cheers Valério

@pascal @valvijo I will like to get your feedback and comments on my proposal: https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/~ch3ck/Implementing+the+Data+Import+Module+using+Esaude+Data+Migration+Tool+Project?focusedCommentId=80383663#comment-80383663.

I just submitted it to melange. I will continue working on tickets in the mean time.

@valvijo @pascal

In relation to the data-import module. I would suggest the data-migration-system could be renamed on github to openmrs-data-import-module or openmrs-data-migration-module so it can easily be discovered by other developers and facilitate easy integration with the openmrs-core. I’ll also like to get the link when it would be ported to JIRA. So I could start working on it. In the mean time I’m reading all the documents on the data-migration architecture on @valvijo page on openmrs. So as to better my understanding of the project. I’ll present my questions tomorrow during the skype meeting.

Thanks, Nyah

Hi,

The normal naming convention is openmrs-module-modulename, so I guess we’ll need to choose something like openmrs-module-dataimporttool. You can fork the repo and do a rename already if you like.

We could think about just using GitHub issues, but if you would prefer a project on JIRA then I recommend following the steps listed here to request a project.

Cheers, Pascal

1 Like

Hello,

The name you suggested is fine. I was talking based on the suggestion of @valvijo of migrating the project to JIRA. But I think we would discuss this better tomorow then.

Cheers! Nyah

1 Like