custom branding module

Platform 2.1.3(Enterprise),Reference Application 2.8.0

I install platform 2.1.3(enterprise) and use Reference Application 2.8.0 but when i install custom branding module then it showing this error -

[Error while trying to start module Unable to load/find moduleActivator: ‘org.openmrs.module.custombranding.CustomBrandingActivator’ Module: Custom Branding ; ]

how can i solved this

This module has not been touched since 2013… and then was presumably based on Core 1.8.2 (see here).

I doubt this would just work out of the box against Core 2.1.x (which is what is shipped with Ref App 2.8.0). Furthermore I suspect that this was not a module to custom brand the Ref App but rather the screens shipped back then through OpenMRS Core.

Thanks for your reply please tell me how can i change this logo ?

Did you look around?

In one of our Ref App-based distros we did do it this way, but that is done via a custom module through which 1) a custom logo is brought in and 2) an existing extension is configured to use it.

1 Like

i am not a developer please suggest a module in which I can change the logo

@mksd, the custom branding link that you have done in one of your distros does not seem to be working. Do you have any other link for custom branding? Thanks

We are not using this module in any of our distros, could you paste here the link in question?

The link was https://github.com/mekomsolutions/openmrs-module-lfhcforms/commit/a790d2ec2c5278e52a83729cf0a872698d4a6d4c

Sorry @kshebbar this module has been deprecated and its repo archived offline. I’ll see if I can gather the info to bring it in a post instead.

I describe how we brought a custom ‘top left’ logo across the Ref App screens via a custom module whose artifact ID is ‘mymodule’:

1. Save the logo image -named say mylogo.png- here: omod/src/main/webapp/resources/images/branding/mylogo.png

2. Use it through the following extension file at omod/src/main/resources/apps/headerconfig_extension.json:

[
  {
    "id": "mymodule.refapp.configureStandardHeader",
    "extensionPointId": "org.openmrs.module.appui.header.config",
    "type": "config",
    "extensionParams": {
        "logo-icon-url": "/ms/uiframework/resource/mymodule/images/branding/mylogo.png"
    }
  }
]
1 Like

Thanks, will try this way.

hi @mksd sorry for hijacking this thread, which file should i add this code to, where can i find it on OpenMRS installation on windows 10 pleas help Thank you