Creating the first module

When creating the first module, I ran this command;

C:\Users\Godson_Prints\basicexample>mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:run

however, am getting this error as indicated in the screenshot

What would be the cause?

First create an sdk set up, Actually i would advise to create a new directory call it C:\Users\Godson_Prints\servers>mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:setup, then after setting up your server well, you can run by C:\Users\Godson_Prints\server>mvn clean install openmrs-sdk:run choosing the server name

@geofreys this is how your error No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running on a JRE rather than a JDK?

Kindly ensure you have installed Oracle JDK and put it first in PATH. If there is no javac, it’s JRE, not JDK for the terminal always uses JDK from PATH.

@geofreys Just adding more details on where to setup. Main reason would be the JAVA_HOME setup in the environment variable should be pointing to correct JDK location.

1. Check System β†’ Advance System Settings
  2. Click on Environment variable
  3. Add variable JAVA_HOME β†’ β€œC:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_141;”(depending on the java version you are running)
  4. Edit β€œpath” β†’ append %JAVA_HOME%; to the existing text.

Good mng Sharif, Yes I did as instructed and am now at this installation stage as indicated below. Thanks

Thank @jwnasambu. I made the advised changes and am now at this stage.

Good progress , Please let us know of your progress thanks

Hello team,

I have finally reached this stage. Am now able to view the basic page at http://localhost:8080/openmrs/ . This is now my screenshot :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Good progress

Thats nice, did you create your first basic module using openmrs sdk architecture, As in Mvn openmrs-sdk:create

Thanks @Jonathan

Great thanks to @sharif for this link. Create your First module Using Openmrs SDK and Push it to GitHub - YouTube, I was able to create my first module and push it on my git.

check it out on this link; GitHub - Geofreys/patientinfo at master

1 Like

Well done thanks @geofreys ,And keep up the spirit

Thanks for your support