Originally published at: http://openmrs.org/2015/08/congratulations-to-our-gsoc-2015-students/
Congratulations to our 14 students who passed their final evaluations for Google Summer of Code 2015!
Since 2007, OpenMRS has participated in Google Summer of Code, an annual program to provide university students an opportunity to learn open source development skills. We’ve been very proud of our students each year, and this year is no exception. Many of our students have stayed involved with the project as contributors, many have become mentors, and some have even made OpenMRS part of their careers after university!
- OpenMRS 2.x SDK: Dmytro Trifono (Rafal Korytkowski, mentor)
- Chart Search for the Reference Application: Kaweesi Joseph (Daniel Kayiwa, mentor)
- Implement the OAuth2 Support for Web Services APIs: Mayank Sharma (Harsha Kumara, mentor)
- Support Laboratory Data Exchange with FHIR: Milan Karunarathne (Judy Gichoya, mentor)
- Data Import using eSaude Data Migration Tool: Nyah Check (Valerio Joao, mentor)
- Integrate Registration Module with a Master Patient Index: Roman Zayats (Darius Jazayeri, mentor)
- Add Support for Open Web Apps: Sandeep Raparthi (Namrata Nehete, mentor)
- Consuming FHIR Resources for OpenMRS: Sashrika Waidyarathna (Suranga Kasthurirathne, mentor)
- Cohort Module: Sharon Varghese (Maimoona Kausar, mentor)
- Migration of Legacy UI: Tharunya Pati (Burke Mamlin, mentor)
- System Performance and Utilization Module: Vineet Kumar (Pascal Brandt, mentor)
- OpenMRS ID v2.1 Platform Improvements: Weihua Cheung (Robby O'Connor, mentor)
- OpenMRS iOS Client Extensions: Yousef Hamza (Harsha Siriwardena, mentor)
- REST Documentation Generator: Zakaria Amine (Wyclif Luyima, mentor)
Check out http://go.openmrs.org/soc2015 for details on each of the student projects from this year. And if you’d like to get involved in OpenMRS, get in touch with us and we’ll help you find the best ways for you to contribute!
Michael Downey OpenMRS Worldwide Community Manager