Concept view Error after upgrade

After upgrading from 1.7 to 1.9.9, my view concept page has an error

An error has occurred!
The following error happened somewhere on this page:
javax.el.ELException: Error reading 'personName' on type org.openmrs.User_$$_javassist_65 

(The full error stack trace output is in the source of this page.)

Page

This blocks my edit concept or anything else

I am looking for a workaround to this error

Thanks

What are your tomcat and java versions?

tomcat 7

Java

java version "1.6.0_24"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)

Can you show us the full stack trace? A first sight looks like corrupt data. Have you tried with another concept?

Updated answer thanks to @darius

I checked which user is the changed_by for that concept , then checked the person_id is associated with that user_id

One ID had a retired user so i changed the ‘changed_by’ field and it works

UPDATE  `openmrs`.`concept` SET `changed_by`='1' WHERE `changed_by`='56';

@judy, btw, if having a retired user causes the UI to break, that’s a bug that needs to be fixed. Was the user retired or actually missing from the db?

If user 56 for some reason is corrupt (for instance, it points to a person that do not exist) other parts of the application will break too. In that case you should fix the user, not the concept.

@darius no user with ID 56

Therefore a foreign key is missing in Concept table (Changed By column must reference User). Hibernate probably threw an exception when trying to load the entity.

Judy, did you load the CIEL version from dropbox or did you make your own version? I should be removing any user 56 from the dropbox versions…

CIEL dictionary cc @akanter … cc @darius - the user seems to be a problem from CIEL

That is as expected. I track the users in CIEL but remove them in the public distribution. I suggest you use the Dropbox version.

thats what i was using @akanter