Communications link failure during SDK initial setup

Hi there, I’m new here not too sure if I’m posting this in the correct place but let me know if not. I’m trying to follow the guide here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/OpenMRS+SDK#OpenMRSSDK-1.DevelopmentEnvironmentCheck but I am getting the error below when trying to create server. Is this what I should be doing? Tried first going through the new developer checklist but I was getting a different error and upon seeing this tutorial I kind of think it might be deprecated, as it led me to an older sdk? Let me know, I’m sure I’m doing something wrong

[INFO] Copying formentryapp-omod-1.0.jar to /home/greg/openmrs/test4/modules/formentryapp-1.0.omod
[INFO] Copying atlas-omod-2.1.omod to /home/greg/openmrs/test4/modules/atlas-2.1.omod
[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 3.574s
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Sep 09 19:55:27 EDT 2015
[INFO] Final Memory: 16M/216M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:2.0.2:setup (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Communications link failure
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.openmrs.maven.plugins:openmrs-sdk-maven-plugin:2.0.2:setup (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:217)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:84)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:59)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:183)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:161)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:320)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:156)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.execute(MavenCli.java:537)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.doMain(MavenCli.java:196)
	at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:141)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
	at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Communications link failure

The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.
	at org.openmrs.maven.plugins.SetupPlatform.setup(SetupPlatform.java:302)
	at org.openmrs.maven.plugins.Setup.execute(Setup.java:121)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:101)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:209)
	... 19 more
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException

Looks like an issue with your Internet connection. Do you see the error consistently when you try again? Can you check with a different Internet connection?

Ya happens constantly, I have tried from both home and work but nothing. When I was doing the change the other way as per the new dev guide, the error was that there was an incorrect header in pom.xml. That’s why I’m thinking I should be following this guide instead?

Okay, it seems to be an issue with your local database connection. Have you changed the database url or used the default? Do you have MySQL up and running?