Cohort builder implementation guide

@jeiddiah am still an infant in Bahmni/openmrs implementation, but i wouldn’t mind exploring in correspondence to setting it up. Could there be a cohort builder in .omod that i could drop in the modules folder?

@ejustine the .omod modules are mostly for JAVA built modules, the cohort builder is an Open web app module and was built with JavaScript. It is being bundled into a .zip file and can be dropped into the appdate\owa folder. You can read more about Open web app modules HERE Also the installation guide has been improved you can checkit out HERE

@jeiddiah Thankyou for all your effort, let me try to follow up with the guide update

@ejustine, a few points:

1. Bahmni does not officially support the cohort builder OWA, but in general you can run any OpenMRS module or OWA within the Bahmni distribution. You’d just have to add it via the Open Web Apps module. (You may also need to install this module.)

2. The Cohort Builder OWA has not had a final release yet. It’s still alpha/beta.

@kingisaac95, @jeiddiah, maybe you can consider doing an actual alpha release of the cohort builder OWA such that others could test it out without having to compile it themselves.

@jeiddiah have done npm run watch and it shows these warnings and error

Hi @ejustine, have you installed the dependencies by running npm install? If not, please do, but if the issue persists, then we can have a sync today if it okay with you. My time zone is GMT +1:00.

Thanks @darius, we’ll look into this

@kingisaac95 Thanks yes i did install but the problem still exists

@ejustine the libs folder is auto-generated when you run npm install, the error you are getting is because no libs folder was created or found. I noticed you are using version 3.10.10 of NPM, could you update your NPM version and try running the command npm install again.

@jeiddiah Alright let me do that. Thanks

You’re right. Just noticed that. @ejustine run npm install -g npm or if you’re using a Mac, run sudo npm install -g npm to update your npm installation

@kingisaac95 Have done: **npm run watch ** this is what i get

t **For sudo npm install -g npm ** i find: [root@TEST-SERVER openmrs-owa-cohortbuilder]# sudo npm install -g npm npm ERR! code EAI_AGAIN npm ERR! errno EAI_AGAIN npm ERR! request to https://registry.npmjs.org/npm failed, reason: getaddrinfo EAI_AGAIN registry.npmjs.org:443

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in: npm ERR! /root/.npm/_logs/2017-08-09T11_14_56_934Z-debug.log

Please can we sync on this? Share me a google hangouts link when you’re ready

@ejustine In regards to the first error, can you share your folder structure I need to see if you have a libs folder and it’s content, as for the second error, it simply means port 3000 is in use, you would need to change the PORT number or stop whatever is running on PORT 3000 to fix it.

@jeiddiah Could this work? file structure

@ejustine, That is the problem, running npm install should generate a lib folder at the root of your project but I cant find one in your picture above. Please ensure your npm version is the latest, Inline with Darius suggestion, the team is looking into releasing a beta version of the module soonest, and I’ll be sure to update you once that happens.

@kingisaac95 Hello is it okay if we did hangout tomorrow at 11:00am uganda time?

@ejustine Yes, please send me a google calendar invite here kingdom.orjiewuru@andela.com

@kingisaac95 Am inquiring, what operating system could you be running? currently am using centos 6.8. An have tried the slated steps a couple of times and the libs file not installed.

@ejustine I’m running macOS Sierra