CI Jobs fails on openmrs-distro-referenceapplication-uitests module

Have been debugging for a good number of hours on this issue though not yet registered a smile. Some thing to notice; All the tests fail on remote encounter with Travis. Here are the things I would like to be enlighten as I dig into this concern more;

Could ignoring setting location attribute in test-travis-ci.properties file on master be the cause for the failing incoming pr’s since this attribute is mandatory for the login instance

I came across this post with a similar concern but it seemed the commiter had some changes that travis could not resolve. I have changed travis to load from the local instance while the local server is running but still CI jobs fails.

Changing the default chrome driver sited in the uitestframework module to a custom one(downloaded driver) makes the tests pass in the IDE otherwise tests fails with default driver

Travis is redirected to resolve builds based on openjdk8 in the file named .travis.yml in distro. However, does this cater for all the consolidated updates and releases under jdk8 as per this oracle wiki Or the one present in that file targets a specific release probably the one that was current by then.
@sharif any finding on this as well.
cc: @k.joseph @herbert24