Cant install platform 2.2

**platform 2.2

Question: Unable to install platform 2.2 despite several tries. Mysql 5.5, tomcat 7 (also tried with 9). Java vs 8, windows 7. Getting several errors from some core ui modules not starting and so normal interface not showing to not staring at all. This is current error log.log.txt (19.4 KB) Platform 2.2 error - Pastebin.com

sorry @nourudeen about that, try using mysql 5.7 and tomcat 8 as advised here https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Step+by+Step+Installation+for+Developers

1 Like

Thanks for the assistance. I upgraded the tomcat to 8 and mysql to 5.6.x (which worked before) and now am getting another errorlog.txt (4.6 KB) Type Exception ReportMessage /WEB-INF/view/index.jsp (line: [1], column: [1] - Pastebin.com could it be the java version is old?

1 Like

Try restart tomcat.

1 Like

Well I did even restarted the PC after that!

So what’s the issue? Never experienced this problem that has defied all my solutions.

Can you share the new log after restarting tomcat?

Able to get to login screen. Instead got only the legacy login due to failure of multiple modules to load. Think the main culprit is emrapi vs 1.24.4

Can you share the tomcat log at pastebin.com?

https://pastebin.com/JbCwwJE9![IMG_20190406_001156|690x690](upload://kr6H9wxJkKRyNM821vtUuEmTcyR.jpeg)

Is there any reason why you are not using the latest released version of the emrapi module?

The initial error was from vs 1.27.0 which also gave same problem then I downgraded.

Drop the database and run the setup again while using the latest version of the emrapi module.

I have dropped the database and started from scratch. Still ran into issues and its peculiar to platform 2.2 because I reinstalled 2.1.3 and it worked fine. The issue here is reference application (2.9.0 snapshot) refuses to start.

The followimg modules refuse to start and no error notification/reason for not starting. Reference metadata 2.8.0 Reference demo data 1.4.4 Reference application 2.9.0 snapshot

Can you share the current server log at pastebin.com?

Mysql log?

did you mean things worked fine on platform version 2.1.3 ??

if you’re trying to run the reff app on platform 2.2 , use the sdk to do a custom installation like this

#Thu Mar 07 08:28:21 EAT 2019
add_demo_data=true
admin_user_password=Admin123
auto_update_database=false
connection.driver_class=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
connection.password=
connection.url=jdbc\:mysql\://localhost\:3306/EmrApiTest3?autoReconnect\=true&sessionVariables\=default_storage_engine%3DInnoDB&useUnicode\=true&characterEncoding\=UTF-8
connection.username=root
create_database_user=false
create_tables=true
database_name=EmrApiTest3
has_current_openmrs_database=true
install_method=auto
module_web_admin=true
name=Reference Application
omod.addresshierarchy=2.11.0
omod.adminui=1.2.3
omod.allergyui=1.8.1
omod.appframework=2.11.0
omod.appointmentscheduling=1.9.0
omod.appointmentschedulingui=1.7.0
omod.appui=1.8.0
omod.atlas=2.2
omod.atlas.type=omod
omod.calculation=1.2
omod.chartsearch=2.1.0
omod.coreapps=1.20.0-SNAPSHOT
omod.dataexchange=1.3.2
omod.emrapi=1.25.0-SNAPSHOT
omod.event=2.6.0
omod.event.groupId=org.openmrs
omod.fhir=1.13.0
omod.formentryapp=1.4.2
omod.htmlformentry=3.7.0
omod.htmlformentryui=1.7.0
omod.htmlwidgets=1.9.0
omod.idgen=4.5.0
omod.legacyui=1.4.0
omod.metadatadeploy=1.10.0
omod.metadatamapping=1.3.4
omod.metadatasharing=1.5.0
omod.owa=1.9.0
omod.providermanagement=2.10.0
omod.referenceapplication=2.8.0
omod.referencedemodata=1.4.5-SNAPSHOT
omod.referencemetadata=2.9.0-SNAPSHOT
omod.registrationapp=1.12.0
omod.registrationcore=1.8.0
omod.reporting=1.16.0
omod.reportingcompatibility=2.0.5
omod.reportingrest=1.10.0
omod.reportingui=1.6.0
omod.serialization.xstream=0.2.14
omod.serialization.xstream.type=omod
omod.uicommons=2.6.0
omod.uiframework=3.13.0
omod.uilibrary=2.0.6
omod.webservices.rest=2.22.0
server.id=EmrApiTest3
server.port=9999
tomcat.port=9999
version=2.9.0-SNAPSHOT
war.openmrs=2.2.0-SNAPSHOT

Majorly take note of the modules versions in that distro file

• then execute a command like

mvn openmrs-sdk:setup -Ddistro=C:directoryToYourFile\openmrs-distro.properties

Finally got it to work. Don’t know how but I used latest referencemetadata, reference demo modules. Still hesitated before finally starting the reference app after some few restarts. Hope this is it.

1 Like