I am new to this community. I am starting up in healthcare space and building a healthcare application for practitioners and patients. As part of the product, i observe that some of the requirements can be very well fulfilled by Openmrs. So, the questions are
- Can i use Openmrs to build my own software? The software will have its web and mobile versions which can be downloaded and used by practitioners and patients.
- Are there any licensing or branding restrictions to use openmrs as mentined above?
- I would be using other SDKs and APIs in addition to Openmrs to build some additional functionalities - e.g. I might use Vonage for Teleconsultation etc. Also, i would be writing my own custom piece of functionalities. Does using openmrs take away my flexibility of building my software the way and want.
- My healthcare software would have monetization models which would based on subscription, commission and even upselling through ads etc. Does using openmrs prevent me in defining my own business model?
- I would want to keep the user information and data stored with my software’s database and not on openmrs database. Can this be accomplished?
- What would be the preferred cloud infra to use based on past experience of deploying openmrs?
Thanks a lot and looking forward to learn from the great wealth of knowledge and experience of this community.