Call suggestion for the PLIR non-technical documentation & indicator definition

Hello @grace @jennifer

With the PLIR fellowship work almost to an end, I would to invite you for a call suggestion where we can select the best suitable time to discuss the following issues;

• The non technical documentation needed for the PLIR work since we currently only have technical wiki documentation which may not favor other non-technical users.

• The next indicator calculation that am going to define for the PLIR project on top of the TX-PVLS .

We shall be having the meeting next week on Wednesday in the usual fellowship check-in 9pm EAT | 2pm Boston

cc @k.joseph @mozzy

@gcliff, good issues to bring up!

Before getting on a call, I wonder if you you seen the list of indicators that the Analytics Engine identified as good candidates for a POC? It might be a good starting point since it includes a range of simple, moderate, and complex indicators.

1 Like

thanks @jennifer for this ,

the sample indicators here offer a good range of varieties to choose from :+1:

And if you are interested in COVID indicators, this might be a starting point as well.

2 Likes

Thanks @jennifer for sharing, i think we shall select one indicator for the Analytics page in the meeting

Hello @grace @jennifer

In our PLIR call today we chose the TX_CURR indicator(Number of adults and children currently receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART)) for the next indicator implementation for the PLIR work…

We are kindly requesting for your availability for the next call(PLIR documentation) where we can discuss more about the PLIR documentation that can best suite user/implemeters.

Hi @gcliff, that’s great news! Do you mean that PLIR documentation will be discussed at the next FHIR squad meeting? I’m not sure which PLIR meeting you’re referring to.

oh sorry @jennifer, i meant in the PLIR fellowship check-in for next week on Wednesday

Hi @gcliff! I think our paths have crossed in the night on this and I had a few ideas about non-technical documentation for the PLIR POC.

• Add narratives or use cases to the project Wiki page that describe the value of the PLIR POC to different stakeholders. What use cases does the PLIR POC address for implementers? For clinicians? For program managers? The user story in our Q1 Quarterly Report might give you some ideas.

• Create a slide deck about the PLIR project as a whole that brings the non-technical and technical pieces together. So it could explain the value for different stakeholders, includes a demo.

We could also use a Design Forum where we go through the slide deck, demo, and record it. This way, we can raise awareness of the PLIR POC and we’ll have a video recording up on the Wiki page.

Thoughts? @k.joseph and @mozzy would love your input on these ideas.

1 Like

i think these are great ideas @jennifer and i am thinking @grace’s expertise as a former clinician and PM as well as great slide creator on this will be highly valuable. @Cliff and @mozzy can come-up with the draft and we can improve stuff from there

2 Likes

Great!

It would be great to reference the country-level priorities and how this work fits in with our product direction. These can be found on from OMRS20 virtual plenary sessions, our Collaboration Opportunities Wiki page and the Product Dashboard.

From the Q1 Quarterly Report:

Please share at least 1 user story (with a quote, if available) that showcases the impact your global good is having.

At the OpenMRS Virtual Implementer’s Meeting in December 2020, country representatives shared several of their challenges and priorities. We heard about health care workers who are striving to provide quality care to their patients in settings where many are using a mix of paper tools and multiple information systems. This leads to a situation where duplicate information exists alongside gaps in information and exchanges, making it difficult for clinicians to provide quality, continuous care for patients within and across sites. Countries are seeking digital solutions that will address these challenges and improve health outcomes.

Meanwhile, several OpenMRS community groups or “squads” are working together on OpenMRS solutions that provide easy, consistent, simplified data sharing with other systems. With this investment from Digital Square, one group has been working on a proof of concept that focuses specifically on getting longitudinal patient data out of OpenMRS and sending it to a HAPI FHIR server where it can be used to calculate a key indicator used to monitor viral load suppression, providing insight into a country’s progress towards controlling the HIV epidemic. In the coming months, the group plans to reach out to implementers for feedback on this proof of concept.

This group designed their standards-based proof of concept to provide patient-level data from OpenMRS for upstream indicator calculation and reporting. As an integral part of a country’s health information exchange framework, this proof of concept has the potential to support countries in their efforts to improve patient care by reducing the use of multiple, bespoke systems and allowing data exchange across sites and borders.

What about re-using/expanding this slide deck from last fall?

2 Likes

sounds like a good idea ,