Bahmni Server to thin clients/workstation question.

Does anybody here knows how many thin clients/workstations can access to Bahmni server at one time?

My proposed server is a quad-core Intel i7, 16GB of ram and an SSD drive, ( I think that should work fast enough)

And I’m sure it depends on the specs of the workstations but granting all workstations are using Intel Atom processors, 4GB of ram and 7200rpm hard drives…

Anyone have an experience on this?

By the way, all thin clients/workstations use WIFI to access Bahmni server

I guess this is somehow a noob question, but anyone has a take on this?

We have 170 thin clients connected to OpenMRS (not Bahmni) at University Hospital in Mirebalais, Haiti. I don’t have the hardware specs but can find if you still need them.

Ellen Ball Partners In Health

Is Bahmni more heavy on the load compared to OpenMRS?

@ball, can we have their hardware specs?

Really appreciate it. Thanks

[OLD THREAD. But answering since this comes up on Google]

[July-2023] For the latest version of Bahmni (Bahmni LITE V1.0) running on OpenMRS latest version (2.5.x), here are the performance tests: https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/3038445574/Performance+Benchmarking+and+Capacity+Planning

You can have any number of clients connecting to Bahmni – and the “load” on the system is based on the number of “concurrent” requests going to the system. Once a client request is served, the load from that client no longer matters.

In general, I think 40+ concurrent clients at a time should be fine (which in reality could mean 120-150 clients connected), given your server (and assuming decent LAN/Wi-fi network). You will also need to check if your Wifi-Router/Network Switch can handle the given client endpoints effectively (and not have losses).