Bahmni does not work

Hi, please bahmni does not work anymore. yesterday everything was working well, this morning here is what i get

i do not see the location to login and when i go openmrs here is the error message that i get

@gsluthra any idea ? Thank you.

OpenMRS is not being able to connect to database. Likely your OpenMRS DB is down (MySQL). Check the running services and ensure mysql is running (openmrs db).

@gsluthra @angshuonline i checked the status of mysqld, the service is running

Really need help, the server bahmni is not accessible, what can be the problem? Here is the error log WARN - OpenmrsUtil.getRuntimePropertiesFilePathName(2135) |2023-04-11T08:19:07,4 - Pastebin.com

Try connecting to OpenMRS DB from command line or some DB tool, with same creds that are in OpenMRS are see if it works.

https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/49545219/Connecting+to+various+databases

using credential “mysql -uopenmrs-user -ppassword openmrs” here is the error that i get mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure. ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ‘openmrs-user’@‘localhost’ (using pas sword: YES)

And using this credential “mysql -uroot -pP@ssw0rd openmrs” now i can access to the DB but when i check the openmrs-runtime.properties i see the connection.username is “openmrs-user” and the password P@ssw0rd so to connect to the DB if i use this credential “mysql -u openmrs-user -pP@ssw0rd openmrs” it is working.

Ok. So openmrs DB is accessible and running. Maybe try a restart of OpenMRS Server and see if it works and connects. If not, then something is incorrect in OpenMRS configuration (connection settings for database).

yes i restart the service openmrs but still giving me this error.

Can you come on slack and Ping Mohan / Umair. Maybe they can debug on your screen and let you know.

@gsluthra i hope i did it well i am connected on slack Slack but i try to ping i cannot

Can you share your email address. I will invite you again from Bahmni slack, so I am sure you are in right place?

i found the right place i ping you, can you check

I have sent you an invite from Bahmni slack… and also dropped a message. Hope that works. Please try.

i am connected

@gsluthra i received the invitaion, i am connected.

The issue was mysql somehow went into a corrupted state and a connection from JDBC drivers could not initiated properly. The drivers started throwing the following error com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'performance_schema.session_variables' doesn't exist.

To solve this there is a specific property that needs to be added to the mysql configuration file. Add the below two lines to /etc/my.cnf file under [mysqld] section and restart mysqld service.

show_compatibility_56 = ON
performance_schema=ON 

References: Table 'performance_schema.session_variables' doesn't exist - Ian Carnaghan

1 Like