Application crashes on Common Lab Test Module

I downloaded the platform War file for version 2.5.0 and installed on a Linux 7 machine.

I had earlier installed with Tomcat 7 but after getting the same error, I wiped everything and installed Tomcat 9 with OpenJDK 1.8.0_342

When I open the app for the first time, it opens the initial steps page. Run it. Restart Tomcat. Everything is fine.

Next, I placed the commonlabtest-1.5.1.omod file in the modules directory and restarted Tomcat. The main MRS page give an error. The openmrs.log file is also filled with a number of errors.

WARN - AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(559) |2022-08-19T14:05:16,541| Exception encountered during context initialization - cancelling refresh attempt: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘messageSourceServiceTarget’ defined in class path resource [applicationContext-service.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘mutableResourceBundleMessageSource’ while setting bean property ‘activeMessageSource’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘mutableResourceBundleMessageSource’ defined in class path resource [applicationContext-service.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAttributeSourceAdvisor#0’ defined in class path resource [applicationContext-service.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘transactionInterceptor’ while setting bean property ‘transactionInterceptor’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionInterceptor’ defined in class path resource [applicationContext-service.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘transactionManager’ while setting bean property ‘transactionManager’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘transactionManager’ defined in class path resource <–snip–>

Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name ‘calculationRegistrationService’ defined in URL [jar:file:/usr/share/tomcat/.OpenMRS/.op enmrs-lib-cache/calculation/calculation.jar!/moduleApplicationContext.xml]: Cannot create inner bean ‘org.openmrs.calculation.api.CalculationRegistrationServiceImpl#11ad9bce’ of type [org.op enmrs.calculation.api.CalculationRegistrationServiceImpl] while setting bean property ‘target’; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating be an with name ‘org.openmrs.calculation.api.CalculationRegistrationServiceImpl#11ad9bce’ defined in URL [jar:file:/usr/share/tomcat/.OpenMRS/.openmrs-lib-cache/calculation/calculation.jar!/mod uleApplicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean ‘calculationRegistrationDao’ while setting bean property ‘dao’;

I don’t see that there are dependant modules that I haven’t installed. Do I need to manually install any JAR files, such as those for Spring framework?

Do you mind sharing the full log via pastebin.com?

I have uploaded all the logs from OpenMRS as well as Tomcat here: Dropbox - OpenMRS - Simplify your life

From the logs, this module needs to be upgraded to support the openmrs platform version (2.5.0) that you are running.

Ok, where would I get the new version? I downloaded 1.5.1 from addons.openmrs.org

It does not exist. You would need to mobilize developer resources for the module upgrade.

Hi @dkayiwa could you tell more about the mobilizing developer resources…I am also facing same issues after adding this module(OpenMRS Add Ons) in openmrs.

The first step would be creating a ticket to track the work which a developer needs to do for this module’s upgrade.