Announcing Release of Bahmni v0.91

Dear All,

We are pleased to announce the release of Bahmni 0.91. In this release we are coming up some exciting new features and enhancements.

What’s in this release?

New Features

• A new Bed Management module. The new one is aimed towards better UX. While the old ADT module still exists and very much functional, we hope that in future, when we achieve feature parity, we will deprecate the old ADT module.

• A new Ward Management Admin console to define admission locations, layouts, bed, types etc through the openMRS UI of Bahmni. This was only possible through SQL based updates to the database before.

• This release also figures a module for Operation Theatre Scheduling. For the hospitals/clinics, scheduling of Operating Theatres is a very important for patient care and operational efficiency. It also works towards meeting the patient’s satisfaction by minimizing time before surgeries/procedures.

Previews

There are some early previews of features, that we expect to officially include for future Bahmni 0.92 release. Note, there is no official support for these preview features, and no guarantee that configurations created now will be compatible with the official release.

• Bahmni-mart : A simplified database used for analytics wherein hierarchical structures have been flattened and pivoted and many other entities denormalized. You may plugin data visualization tools Metabase, Superset etc on top of this database.
  • Integration with OpenMRS Reporting : An Open Web App (OWA), which is useful to execute Reports defined in OpenMRS reporting module.

Enhancements & Bug Fixes

Minor feature enhancements like searching diagnosis by code, searching patient relationships etc, i18n gaps, performance improvements in appointment scheduling etc.

And Fair share of bug fixes

Where can I read more about it?

1. Here is the link to the detailed release notes. You will also find documentation and story card links to individual features and fixes in the release notes.
  2. link to Bahmni Wiki, where you will find comprehensive documentation about all the new features and fixes for Bahmni under the Feature Guide, User Guide and the Implementer’s Guide.

Are there videos too?

Yes! Bahmni Youtube channel has a video for Bed Management, we will soon upload videos for OT scheduling as well.

How do I install the latest version of Bahmni?

You will find the installer here. Here are links for Steps to upgrade or perform a fresh installation of 0.91. Make sure you go through the ‘Prerequisites’ and the ‘Known issues’ mentioned in the release notes before installing/upgrading to the new version. The vagrant box (development) can be found here.

You can find the Bahmni Connect APK for android here

Is there a demo environment?

Our demo environments will soon have the latest releases. The links are as follows

The login credentials can be found here.

Have any questions, feedback or need help?

Reach out to us on talk Ping on the # community channel in Bahmni slack

Do check out our Medium Blog for interesting stories and experiences with Bahmni.

Tons of people have contributed towards this release by spending time/pouring over issues/ docs/codes etc, contributing patches/fixes/features, helping in brain-storming, testing, reviewing, commenting. Some implementation projects have contributed features. Big shout out to all of you.

Thanks for the love

~ 0.91 Release Team

7 Likes

I’d also add that this was the first release carried out under the new Bahmni Coalition.

I’d particularly call out IntelliSOFT, IPLit, LeapFrog, Mekom Solutions, Satvix, and ThoughtWorks for having provided core developers during this time.

3 Likes

Hello All,

A patch for Bahmni Release 0.91 has been released with the fix for below issue.

Please find Bahmni latest 0.91 installer and steps for fresh installation, upgrade, Vagrant box for development.

Thank you

Bahmni Coalition