We are happy to announce the first beta release of Bahmni Lite v1.0. Bahmni LITE is the lightweight distribution of Bahmni that is pre-configured for clinics & small hospitals. It comes out of the box with Bahmni EMR UI, OpenMRS, Reporting and Crater Billing system. It is cloud ready (AWS/Kubernetes/Terraform), docker enabled, fully open source, contains CEIL clinical dictionary and is very secure.
To know what is Bahmni Lite and what are the modules that are packaged with Bahmni lite distribution, please go through this wiki page here.
Online demo of Bahmni Lite v1.0.0 is available on https://bahmni.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/BAH/pages/3037757441/Bahmni+Lite+Environments
Bahmni Lite Major Features
This release of Bahmni Lite comprises of:
- Dockerized: Fully dockerized version of Bahmni, to install and run Bahmni easily on an OS (Linux/Windows/Mac).
- Cloud Ready: AWS & Kubernetes ready, with terraform automation to deploy Bahmni Lite on the cloud, in a secure fashion.
- Security: Significant security upgrades and fixes!
- Lightweight: Contains Bahmni EMR (running on OpenMRS latest version 2.5.9), Reporting and Crater for Billing/Invoicing.
- Pre-configured: Pre-configured with CIEL dictionary containing 50,000+ medical terms with SNOMED, LOINC and ICD-10 mappings, forms, India Essential Drug List and Reports, so that it is ready out-of-the-box for demos and requires minimal configuration to roll out.
- Mobile Responsive: Bahmni EMR UI is now mobile responsive for Clinical module, so clinicians on the move can use Bahmni from their mobile/tablets.
- Lab Report Upload Module: Comprises of a new Lab Report upload module.
- FHIR Support: Provides FHIR APIs to pull data from Bahmni/OpenMRS.
- Teleconsultation support using Jitsi.
- SMS/Whatzapp/Email support for sending prescriptions or informing patients about Appointments, etc.
- Huge number of minor improvements, bug fixes, etc – culminating the efforts of a year long development in Bahmni (2022). For a full list of all Jira issues fixed in this release, see: Jira tickets tagged Bahmni Lite 1.0.
Local Bahmni Lite Setup:
Docker and docker compose needs to be installed for bahmni lite setup.
For installing docker, docker compose and other docker commands please refer to Running Bahmni on Docker wiki page.
Follow this wiki page for installation steps.
Note: Make sure we checkout the branch to 1.0.0-beta before running docker compose pull command.
git checkout -b 1.0.0-beta
- Known Issues:
Please refer to the below sheet for the list of known issues
Bahmni Lite Release notes
Bahmni Lite 1.0 Release notes link is here.
Let the Bahmni core team know if any feedback through the following channels -
- Talk thread : We will use this thread for anything posting relevant to the release - Updates and notifications from the release team, reporting new issues (new JIRA cards only) etc
- Slack : #community channel for regular discussions. Please see here for details
NOTE: Bahmni Lite does not contain Odoo or OpenELIS. For customers who use full Bahmni, they will need to wait for Bahmni Standard release, later in the year, which will be packaged for hospitals with Lab & Odoo. The LITE version is for clinics/hospitals who only want EMR & Lightweight Billing (crater). Read more about the differences here. If you wish to try out the current development version of Bahmni Standard, you can still try it from the docker
Kindly reach out to us, in case you find any issues related to installation or any feature released. We would be very happy to help you out.
Thanks & Regards,
Bahmni Core Team
@arjun @mksrom @ramashish @shivarachakonda @binduak @swetha184 @laxman @anandpatel @snehabagri @sushilp @sushmit @vmalini @dipakthapa @ramashish @mddubey @rrameshbtech @mddubey @iadksd @mwelazek @michaelbontyes @buvaneswariarun @sanjayap @florianrappl @apaule @mwelazek @tejakancherla @rabbott @gsluthra @wolf @mdg583 @akhilmalhotra @n0man @swatigogia @mohant @sanofersameera @soorya @deepthi @rohit.yawalkar @venu @atish1603 @grace @abhinab @binduak @mohant @sivareddy @gsluthra @angshuonline